POLITICS Meet Communist Chy-Na

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Oct 8, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep. Our education system is subsidized in some ways by foreign students. I'm not saying this is a bad move, but rather that there will be unintended effects.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We also spend a lot of tax payer money to educate foreign students too.

I had a Jamaican roommate at Tech that was getting a free ride because not enough American blacks applied to meet their quota.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

even my wife's HS has a ton of chinese national students whose parents are still living in china. it's a little weird.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Goes beyond that. We had two Chinese National students in my kid's 4 year old day care class.

The parents alternated between St. Jude and China, with kids being watched by one group of family or the other.

They were gone in December for a trip, and never came back. Hope they are ok.

Funny story, in early January, the entire class got sick with a viral like illness that caused one of my co-workers, through me, to sleep at his desk for 4 hours.

We're both kinda "eh" about getting antibody tests, but would be funny.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

China is sending counterfeit money into the US

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Bring it all out and let the world see them for who they are.

7. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Which Presidential candidate will be toughest on the Chi-Comms?

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

So, George Floyd is on them?

VolDad likes this.
  9. Tenacious D

Trump.

None of these other schleps will answer this, ostensibly because they hate Trump more than Communist Chy-Na.

10. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

That's easy. Pete.

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

All researchers from China?

12. fl0at_

We wouldn't have a China if it wasn't for you Walmart shoppers needing $7 jeans and diet Great Value cola for your sugars.

You made your bed. Get [uck fay]ed in it.

zehr27 likes this.
  13. Tenacious D

14. TennTradition

I suppose any university falls under the umbrella of supporting the military-civilian fusion?

Not banning undergrads? Now we will see the pivot where Americans are recruited by their classmates.

15. fl0at_

16. TennTradition

What are you talking about?

I’m talking about Chinese universities that are considered part of the military-civilian strategy and thus the undergrads they produce would be disallowed.

What does that have to do with US graduate student nationality?

Are you bothering to read?

17. fl0at_

I'm sorry, I didn't know that when I read the words where you said "I suppose any university falls under the umbrella of supporting the military-civilian fusion?"

That what you really meant to say was "I suppose any Chinese university falls under the umbrella of supporting the military-civilian fusion?"

That's totally my bad, that I didn't inject words into your written sentence. I'll try to do better to make your messages more clear.

18. TennTradition

In the context of a thread discussing banning Chinese students who attended universities that support the military-civilian fusion strategy - yes, I think it would be quite obvious when I say as a followup the reply to my question "all Chinese students?" with a post that says "I suppose any university falls under military-civilian fusion" that I am talking about Chinese universities.

19. TennTradition

So, let me help fl0at out here....

Is it all Chinese students? Do all CHINESE universities fall under the category of supporting the military-civilian strategy?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know if it is all. I would assume it would capture pretty much any graduate student in STEM.