Memorial Day

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Joseph Brant, May 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I think I found him. Went to CMI?

2. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Ah, just curious. I know a bunch of Radio Recon guys through proximity (tried and washed out due to a bum shoulder).

RR and FR are hardcore. My SNCO at A-School was former RR (he's actually on RR's wiki). He'd drag us off-base "where there are no black flags" and run the bejeezus out of us.

It's embarrassing to have a 30-something outpace an entire group of 18-20 year olds. Guy was metal.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yes.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

My friend was in the 5th out of Campbell. I think he did some door knocking.

5. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Seemed like a good guy and a fine Marine.

6. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

It got to a point where they were melting down artillery, tanker, etc units and making them door-door salesmen. And taking admin units down to skeleton crews and throwing them out at checkpoints and on convoys.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He was. We butted heads on stuff...........a lot, but he was a good guy. Occasionally we would join up and make stuff happen. He was born to be a Marine, and I would honestly say he died how he wanted to.

I forget how he did it, I do remember it was something stupid, but he messed his foot up really bad first round of OCS and had to hobble around on crutches for 6 weeks when he got back.

8. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I actually still have quite a few friends from 5th group ... most are retired now cause we old as hell. Bunch of snake-eaters. Loved them all.

9. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Oddly enough my wife's cousin is a medic in the original snake eaters. You might know him, if you're around a similar age (late 30s).

Got out not too recently and just got paid about a quarter-mil to do something in Liberia connected to the government with the ebola scare.

I'm heavily out-numbered in my family. It's chalk full of Army guys.

10. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Most of the guys that I know are commo guys. I do know a few weapons guys because my next door neighbor was an 18b. It's possible I know him thoug. Also, I know SEVERAL folks that are rolling into Liberia to collect some scratch while the getting is good.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The guy I know just retired not too long ago. They were trying to get him to transfer to Bragg to do some instructing and he didn't want to move.