Missing Malaysia Airliner MH370

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Low Country Vol, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

We know the plane was on radar for over 2 hours and then disappeared.
    What we know:
    1. Some oil slicks have been found.
    2. At least 2 passengers carried fake passports which were reported missing.
    3. The plane was cruising at 35000 ft altitude then suddenly lost.
    4. Search area has been expanded since it is confirmed the plane changed course prior to losing contact.
    5. Another plane's pilot 30 minutes ahead of MH370. He made contact with the plane on an emergency frequency but too much static and mumbling prior to losing contact.

Possibilities:
    1. Terrorism
    2. Mid-air break-up leading to a steep dive
    3. Pilot sabotage

2. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

A break up should leave floating debris.

3. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Super secret military UFO?

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

IMO. Explosion. Probably man made. But tbd.

5. Low Country Vol

It's large area to canvas but reports they have found debris.

6. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

7. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Steven Kingish

8. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Alfred Hitchcock?

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

[​IMG]

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

1. Lots of oil slicks in the Pacific, doesn't mean much in itself.
    2. Very common in SE Asia for fake/stolen passports to be used for all sorts of reasons.

11. Low Country Vol

They got a samples of the oil to test it whether it came from the plane. It would be asinine to assume these are just cons using fake passports since it is more common in that region. They should get facial recognition of these guys.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who said we should assume anything? Just saying it isn't indicative in itself

13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Oil slicks turned out to be ship fuel.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This is friggin weird. How does a plane just disappear?

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Big ocean. Really big ocean, and a relatively small plane.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

This thing had to disintegrate in mid air. Only other explanation. Kinda weird that satellite images didn't catch it, though.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Was it over the water when it went down (or even within 100 miles of it)?

A crash could have been caused by any number of things, but if it were a terrorist / suicide attack, someone would have claimed it by now, IMO.

Considering whole ships can "go missing" (read: sink) in the ocean, and without leaving a trace, doesn't bode well for an aircraft's wreckage, even noticeable debris, being found.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Over the Pacific? Not as hard to disappear into the Pacific as one might think. Remember the Mexican fisherman who was adrift for like 18 months? It is a third of our planet, and mostly empty.

I know some of folks thought I was full of shit with my "the oil slick doesn't mean much" thing, but I wasn't kidding. The Pacific is filled with the debris and pollution of humans over the hundreds of thousands of square miles, yet has very few humans actually living there.

Now someone argue with me about the passport thing. It too, means nothing. It is extremely common for passports to be stolen and then used by third parties over there. Almost any given flight has at least one stolen passport in that part of the world. There being two doesn't mean much in itself.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

You won't hear this much so enjoy.... I believe you. This wasn't a terrorist act. This thing probably malfunctioned and or blew up. That much wreckage from 35,000 feet would be like a needle in a haystack.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Which makes sense, except this wasn't flying from Tokyo to Honolulu, all things considered this was a relatively "small" space of where it was.