Missouri players threaten to go on strike...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Savage Orange, Nov 8, 2015.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I think this particular ordeal couldn't happen without social media. I guess maybe he's just an easy scapegoat.

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

He's definitely lost complete control of the situation. I have no idea why or how, but there's no denying its time for him to go.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

This. I can't imagine a modern university president letting this particular issue become a problem, because it's so easy to rally support and lead from the front on a campus on this issue, but I guess some are simply fundraisers.

4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

They're getting their wish. Wolfe just quit.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He gone!

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Alright boys, it's time for us to do our duty for UT football. Do we just hunger strike until Cheek, Hart, and Lyle or gone, or do we push it all the way until Gruden is hired?

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Who didn't see that coming?

8. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I'll only eat boogers until Jimmy Cheek is terminated from the University of Tennessee.

9. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

One excuse nixed, botch "the contrarian" scrambling

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

wow. football really is king

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

As TonyB says, wait until players everywhere realize their power and start striking to get benefits.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's coming.

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I know a sitting president who is very sensitive to the issue of civil rights, equality, and a socially just learning atmosphere. I'm sure he'd be absolutely ecstatic to take a shot at fixing what ails Missouri.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Honestly, if he couldn't get out ahead of this about a month ago, he has no business holding that post. Even though I don't think he is culpable for feces swastikas or random drunk people yelling racial slurs, he's certainly in charge of shepherding a gaggle of sensitive collegiate folk and failed to keep the herd together.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

university presidents are in the business of making easy jobs look tough, not doing tough jobs.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup. Seems like he could have done a little bit a while back and kept this to a minimum.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Absolutely. Half of the job requirement is damage control.

18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I should have said chancellor but DiPietro can go, too.

19. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

fyp

20. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Is their next president going to apologize for white privilege?