Mizzou thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 2, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Interesting stat.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

No. Their defense is decent, but the passing game still doesn’t look very good. It’s a very winnable game for Tennessee.

3. juicemane

juicemane Member

The fast pace is a lot of fun when it works. What’s the deal with Hyatt? Don’t think I saw him at all out there.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He can't catch

Volokie, TDVol1989 and Volgrad98 like this.
  5. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I like where this team is headed and not only for this season. We are aggressive on both sides of the ball. Offensively we want to score quickly and often, defensively we swarm. I'm not a big fan of the up tempo, but I can live with it if we're not constantly going 3 and out and the defense stays aggressive. And I can't ignore our special teams, coverage has been good as well.( except for the return for a td today but we won't discuss that)

6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He didn't get any reps until well into the second half.

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Payton, Jones, and Tillman have clearly separated themselves as the first WR unit

ptclaus98 likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

700 yards? How many rushing? Fun ball fellas. Shoulda beat pitt and we're in UF late in 3rd.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Hyatt has been disappointing.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

452 yards rushing

AbeFroman and NorrisAlan like this.
  11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Hooker played the most competent 4Qtrs that we've seen from a Tennessee QB in a long time. I was 100% wrong about him.

12. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

If you don’t mind, I would prefer they keep him and we basically have 2 Vandy’s in the East

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If one thing has stood out so far, it is that somehow we are getting yards on bubble screens.

LawVol13 and Memtownvol like this.
  14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

If I'm defending against us, I give us the screen all day because I know the deep ball is always a threat.

15. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

The screens worked pretty well against our defense today due to how aggressive the defense was playing. Watching Kentucky that may cause issues. They are pretty good in the screen game.

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Unless Milton is throwing it

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just now watching. Most 1st half points in 15 years is pretty cool. I dont care who you are playing.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Missouri refuses to tackle or block the majority of the game

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’m looking through 2006 and I don’t see a 40-point half. I see 49 in 2000 against ULM

20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Kentucky will play a one-score game against everyone on their schedule. Their defense is much better than ours, and they can beat us. Our offense is better than theirs, and we can beat them.

Can’t believe they beat Florida with 87 passing yards (I guess a special teams TD helps), but if they’re going to be run only, that plays right into our hands.

Memtownvol likes this.