Mizzou thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 2, 2021.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Considering the fact that Pruitt did pretty much the same with one of the worst QBs in the nation last year, it just shows that Drink is in over his head and rose too far too fast. They keep on saying he's recruiting better than Odom, but with 20th ranked classes and losses like this, and no sign of development other than maybe RB and WR, those recruiting classes will take a nose dive sooner rather than later. They're about to finish 6th in the East in year two.

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

That team would be stiff as a brick if they went in 8-0. That might be the best thing that could happen to Tennessee.

justingroves likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

if we can solidify this as a bowl team, we need to be raiding some kroots from the other also-rans.

4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

As crazy as it sounds, I don't completely write off the possibility of Vandy beating them if they continue to just mail it in. I'll venture a guess that Vandy gives us a slightly better game than they did.

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

If Vandy has any fight in them on the OL, then it's absolutely possible they beat Mizzou. The ETSU front is tougher than Mizzou's DL.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nah, Missouri has no one we want, UK has 3 guys in the top 300 and South Carolina has 2. [uck fay]'em

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This has been the most impressive thing to me. We have players wide open so the offensive design is definitely there.

TDVol1989, Memtownvol and lylsmorr like this.
  8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We are much better off hitting the portal until we get through the NCAA stuff.

Volokie and VolDad like this.
  9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Saw a Florida fan compare them to Muschamp’s teams, and that sounds about right. They can ugly up almost anything, and if they get a couple bounces and get out in front, they’re tough to beat. But they’re also not going to come out and dominate you, and they can lose to almost anyone as well.