Mizzou thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I still expect Ole Miss to make the D look bad. They will make most most look bad with Corral and they will run a lot of plays.
    And imo when we dropped the 4th and 5 pass that could have cut it to 3 vs Florida, our D was already tired and momentum shift was too big for us to handle. It zapped us.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They aren't going to recruit too well until this investigation is over. I imagine they'll sign 18 to 20 high school guys and then hammer the portal until it's over

TDVol1989 likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Georgia has to eventually throw the football, I hope it's Stetson Bennett IV doing it when they play Tennessee

Lexvol likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Anybody else also excited to see an rb screen game back? Seems like it went missing since the good ole days when we ran a ton of them effectively. Never understood why.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I did not hear Calloway's name called yesterday. I wonder if he played or if a message was being sent.

6. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

In the least shocking news of the day, Mizzou just fired its DL coach.

7. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Good lord our coaches know how to exploit a defense. Mizzou is historically bad…but we literally played with chopped liver on the OL.

We will be that team that nobody wants to play later in the year…and the pundits won’t be able to ignore the numbers.

The craziest thing about it all was the time of possession in the first half. I was thinking…we need two first team defenses to make this shit work. I think JH truly believes there isn’t anybody he can’t outscore in a shootout. He’s like Gundy…with a higher IQ.

NorrisAlan and Memtownvol like this.
  8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I like the fact that it’s not really like “I have my shit I want to run and I’m gonna run it no matter what” but they seem so far to to look to exploit what the other side is gonna give them

9. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

It will certainly be nice if you are correct.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I just hope he has antibodies for the stupidity bacteria that is in the water on the Hill.

Memtownvol and Lexvol like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

repeated heating of seats and general hot water over the past several years may have cleared out the pathogen. Unfortunately, Danny White has some "prion" vibes but that could take years to manifest.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like scoring every possession

13. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

That requires really good coaching even against a terrible d. Hooker will continue to get better every game.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Think about the poor punter!

15. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Hubbs was saying Hooker could potentially come back next year because of the free covid year.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's gotten better damn near every possession. He started getting down and not taking big shots yesterday. Young and Baron are a good pair of pass rushers, they just need more of them

Tar Volon, Memtownvol and Lexvol like this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That was why it was a big deal when Pruitt got him, he had 2 years.

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Kesling's going to be so confused when we play Bama, because they also have a DL named Byron Young.

justingroves likes this.
  19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

After (finally) watching last night
    1. Missouri is not good at all at tackle football. I doubt they are very good at two hand touch either.
    2. Penalties really helped out early on in the game. Missouri looked like they were getting jobbed on one of the early drives. I know I would have felt that way had it been on the other end.
    3. Missouri really is bad at football - flag, touch, tackle, probably even Madden.
    4. Hooker looked better that he had. I get the Dobbs lite comments, and all that comparison does is make me want to drive to Jonesboro and kick brassy butchie in his horn blowing teeth. Not that its his fault we don't have Dobbs and can't see how he would be in this offense, but it will forever bother me that one of my favorite players for the Vols will forever be tied to him and his time here. Hooker does not run as well as Dobbs, but he may be a bit more accurate with a weaker arm in games. It's a fair enough trade. I remember Hooker being prone to wth moments at Vtech. I hope most of that is and stays behind him.
    5. Missouri, bad at the game. Just bad.
    6. I like the defense. I like how they play. There was a play at some point when Missouri was fairly deep in their territory and their QB managed to dump the ball out into the flat. It was decently covered, but what struck me was the entire front of the defense turned and started pursuit. Not getting into specifics on anything here, it was just good to see a defensive team to really get after the ball.
    7. Missouri clocked out pretty early, like midway through the first quarter early. There was a look on one of their players face near the end of the first quarter that basically said, "I thought we were supposed to win this."
    8. That was the best played SEC game I've seen in a long time. They played with a chip on their shoulder from the first whistle.

justingroves and Memtownvol like this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Nah that just increases his odds of getting somebody’s name right