Mizzou Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 11, 2023.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And the runs on 2nd and 3rd down of the first possession that you’ve complained about?

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

You're right. After going back and rereading I believe we're on the same page.

Indy likes this.
  3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

These types of road performances and now more than a trend. They’re the norm and something needs to be done about it. If the head man won’t fix it, he can hit the road too.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It’s not as much complaining about them as it is explaining how an offense having the ball once in the first quarter for 3 plays doesn’t bode well for many offenses.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We played 6 ranked teams last year with Hooker at QB. We scored 34+ in every game but the UGA game, which was on the road and against the eventual National Champion.

In 6 SEC games (not all ranked) this season with Milton, we have scored 34+ once. We’ve scored less than 21 points in 4 of the 6 games.

I get that the line is different and the receivers are different. Maybe there are enough differences that you can’t really glean anything from it. I don’t know.

But the playcalling has been extremely weird this season, and I’m not sure what else you can blame that on aside from the change at QB.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I take a little bit of solace in the fact that it at least seems confined to this season. Spanked LSU on the road last year. Won at Pitt. Both teams were ranked.

Got trounced by USCjr, but we still scored 38 points, and they might have had our signals?

7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Arion Carter out for the rest of the season.

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Joey Halzle has had his work cut out for him this year. I don't like what I've seen but I'm also aware of how badly Joe Milton can cripple you and make you question everything you've ever known about football and coaching.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’d have a little more sympathy they hadn’t gone 3 and out on their 1 drive after being handed the ball at the 50 off a turnover. Can’t fall on your face that badly and then complain about not getting more chances.

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Did they get it right?

11. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I kind of agree. By this point, if you are Heupel and Halzle, you've gotta remember whose running the show on defense and play accordingly.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

They did. But does it get reviewed if we are on the other side of it?

The situation lacks transparency, which is not okay.

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I’m already getting pissed thinking about Dabo taking a mayonnaise bath after beating us in a rematch at the Duke’s Mayo Bowl

Memtownvol and A-Smith like this.
  14. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

One player had 300 yards of offense on us today. We were getting our ass whipped with Peyton Manning at QB today.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don’t recall less confidence on 3rd and 4 on either side of the ball.

VolDad likes this.
  16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Going into the game, we were near the bottom of the country defending 3rd and medium, but we were near the top on 3rd and short.

Both were trash tonight. We can give up a couple 3rd and 4s if we're stopping 3rd and 2s. Today we did neither.

But yes, agreed.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Thanks, this is the kind of rock bottom wake-up call I needed. I am going to put together some furniture.

SetVol13 likes this.
  18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Would love to hear what that is a euphemism for.

19. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Exactly. Zero chance they buzzed it before the snap in this game and the UK game. Neither time was even close to the snap.

20. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Ok, but taking this angle, what does it say about the staff betting the season on him? I understand that Bryce Young wasn’t in the portal but we’re there ANY other options…