Mizzou Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 11, 2023.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

We'll be there soon. Heupel is a winner and will get things done.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

One good thing I have to say about this season is, at least I’m not claiming we are a basketball school before basketball season even starts this year

But yeah we are a basketball school

Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
    gcbvol and zehr27 like this.
  3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I find it hard to believe the replay was buzzed in when the refs don’t announce it until the end of the following play.

Indy likes this.
  4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'm saying that in regards to coaches that he vouched for in getting extensions.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How do we know they buzzed it before the snap? That sounds shady as [uck fay], especially considering some of the shit we’ve seen from refs this season.

The whole point of the “next play” rule is that it’s a tangible, visible cut off.

Daddy Gee, reVOLt and utvol0427 like this.
  6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

In garbage time, coming into a game cold as the 2nd string QB.

My question is based on Nico as a starter. He got all the 1st team snaps this week in practice. He’s in the game from the first drive to the last.

Do you think we still score 7 points or less?

7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Definitely.

8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

If Jaylen Wright is still fumbling when we’re about to score, then yeah, probably.

Joe Milton wasn’t in the top 3 of reasons why this game got away.

Memtownvol, VolDad, IP and 1 other person like this.
  9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I have no idea what the “first pass an hour in the game” thing is even about.

I think penalties can often be blamed on an offense that lacks rhythm. I think it can be hard to get into a rhythm with an inaccurate QB who closes off 50%+ of your playbook.

I don’t think we “run for nothing” if our QB is any threat to beat the opponent.

The fumbles are what they are, but didn’t Milton have 2 of them? Probably can’t blame him for the one with the review, but wasn’t the one right after the half his fault?

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We failed to score on 10 drives today. One of them was because Jaylen Wright fumbled in the redzone. What about the other 9?

Also, the “about to score” comment is probably a little too generous on your part. We’ve been absolutely atrocious in the redzone this season offensively. I have no idea how you can be confident we score a TD there if he doesn’t fumble.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think that position is absolutely bonkers.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, if it isn't buzzed in quick enough for them to blow the whistle before the snap then it isn't reviewed. Shouldn't be anything else to it.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nothing calms me down after a loss like reading Indy posts.

hohenfelsvol, SetVol13 and VolDad like this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We gave up a drive to start the game, then ran 3 times, then allowed an 11 minute game clock drive. If the game started at 2:30, Milton may not have made his first throw of the game until near 3:30 and that’s on the decision not to make a big play after the INT and the ensuing embarrassing defensive calls and plays

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m even willing to give them the benefit of the doubt with a whistle right after the snap and a ref sprinting in towards the middle of the field. Once the play is well underway, you’ve clearly missed the cutoff.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Joe Milton isn't the main problem but having a great QB again is the easiest solution.

Indy likes this.
  17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

RE: Tim Banks

This occurred to me a week or so back but is more relevant now. Since AP abused us with it, how many teams have added a similar multiple TE package solely to run the zone stretch concept against us? It's astonishing. Hell, Florida ran the majority of their offense out of that package against us.

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

How often are true freshman QBs great though?

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Obviously I look at games different than others but I’m cool not worried about the [uck fay]ing fumble correction as we got our ass beat, it was meaningless anyway, and the whole purpose is to get the call right, which they did.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

According to the play by play, we literally threw the ball on our first offensive play of the game. I was still waiting for the bartender to flip it to the game at that point. Was it a shovel pass or something? Why do you keep saying we ran it 3 times?