Mizzou Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 11, 2023.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It’s not the difference in the game by any means, but it’s happened twice in 3 weeks with literally no explanation or even recognition by the announcers that it happened. It’s super shady.

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Joe cannot cover up your deficiencies like a good QB can normally do. I like Joe but he's an enigma.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It takes about a half a season.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You don’t have to be great to score more than 7 points on this Mizzou team.

TDVol1989 and utvol0427 like this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

it was a quick lateral pass to the rb. More issue with 2nd and 3rd down call

6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

It was a circle route to a RB in orbit motion.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Let’s chat. I’d love to hear what you think.

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

On that 3rd down, Joe could have picked up 30 yards had he read it correctly. He didn't and it was stuffed.

9. Ssmiff

That’s what I thought but I want to see again. Mizzou for most part crashed the end on the rb and had the lb waiting on qb run. That time they may not have

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So he threw the football. Those type of screen throws out wide probably make up a decent percentage of Joe’s passes.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And you don’t think the play calls have anything to do with how limited our QB is?

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Just an ass whipping.

Still don’t get our defensive philosophy with our offensive philosophy.

13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I can't decipher where you stand.

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Shit for brains.

Seems like a good dude, good teammate, and has a prototype body and arm.

But he’s not a leader, and he’s not a heady player. Year over year, there’s little evidence that he mentally matures and learns from his mistakes. He could be here through 2030 and still not know when to hand and when to keep.

15. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Getting blown out in pick ems or games you’re favored in is a massively concerning thing that has happened too many times now.

reVOLt and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Our offense playing terrible also affects our defense. Mizzou had enough points to win the game with 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. There was no pressure on their playcalling, and they could take risks knowing a mistake wouldn’t sink them.

Not making an excuse for the defense - they were atrocious all night. But it matters. The 3rd down play call on the 1 yard line to get a first is a great example.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
  17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Missouri put the game on Milton on offense and solid out to slow down the ground game.

IP, Indy and A-Smith like this.
  18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You said “definitely” in response to this question:

“Do you think we still score 7 points or less?“

I’m thinking you might have misread the question and actually meant that you think we “definitely” score more than 7 points with Nico in the situation I outlined. Otherwise, I’m not sure where you see inconsistencies in my position.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Like several of y'all have said, if Milton was a dual-threat QB it would change a whole lot for this offense. The red zone woes instantly go away for one thing.

20. Ssmiff

no I don’t think not taking a shot there after the INT had anything to do with it nor do I believe an option on the first play of 2nd half has anything to do with it either.