MLB

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, Aug 13, 2015.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m about to be in the market for a new team.

Of course, if the Reds trade Votto it’s just gonna be wherever he goes

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Its been a rough week for Reds fans. That division was winnable for them.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Braves fans are a damn cult.

NorrisAlan and justingroves like this.
  4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Ha. My grandmother would have had some choice words for that PoV.

As a kid in 1966, they were the first pro sport team to come south. I pulled for Johnny U. and the Baltimore Colts because in my geographically-limited mind, they were as close to the South as I could get..

My great grandfather and my grandmother became big Braves fans when they moved from Milwaukee.

I used to listen to the ball games on the radio with my great granddad when I spent time with them in the summer. Good times.

Also, we convinced my grandparents that they could watch the Braves on TV if they would only just get one.

NashVol11 likes this.
  5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The Atlanta Braves are the glue that holds the South together.

6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Amen, brother.

7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

That is a bit rich from a “best fan in baseball.”

PilotFlyingJ and A-Smith like this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Go suck your new pitcher's [penis] now that you don't have Freeman to go down on.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We've beeñ "all Acuña peñis, all the time" for quite some time ñow.

NashVol11 likes this.
  10. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Lol If these guys could buy tickets to just cheer for each other sitting in the stands they would. They would all have their own scorecard and drown in each other’s ejaculate at every stroke of the pen all the while loudly describing the minutiae of baseball (that everyone over the age of 12 who watches baseball understands) to make sure every man, woman, and child around them knows they’re a cut above all other fans. Crusty old announcers and baseball writers have stroked their ego for so long it’s not really their fault though.

Also, you can’t make cracks at any fans “going down” on anyone as long as Yadier Molina’s fat ass is alive lol

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Braves fans lol

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

AA is building a dynasty. We are bound to get more hate from rival NL teams.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I liked the 80s Braves.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Apparently, like Kiffin, Freddie took his dream job. I won’t boo him or anything but I didn’t expect him to walk over that small of a difference in contracts. Braves 5x28 million, Dodgers 6x27. I don’t think he gets his number retired now. Braves are at fault if they wouldn’t match *this* Dodgers deal but seems like the Freemans just wanted to move back home. It almost feels like the Dodgers are the ones who got the hometown discount.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Me too. I became a Braves fan in 1989. Same year I became a Vol fan.

16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

It would seem that way.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Braves dodged a lot of guaranteed money to a guy that's going to be on the backside of his career soon

NashVol11 likes this.
  18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Do I think Olson will be slightly more productive over the next 6 years? Yeah. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed even though I believe that.

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Sox sign Trevor Story to a 6-year $140 million deal, with an out after 4 years. Seems like a solid deal for both sides.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Today is a good day.

A-Smith likes this.