MLS as popular as MLB with American children

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Which rule was he having trouble with, don't touch the ball with your hand or don't kick the shit outta that guy?

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Lol, the X Games.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Offsides and the like if I recall correctly

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

A generation ago, where were they going to watch the sport to develop and keep that interest going through adulthood? There was nothing even close to the level of coverage of the EPL, Champion's League, Euro, World Cup, etc. Of course they only did it in youth soccer as they had no other outlets available. That isn't true these days. Now, I see the kids in my son's youth clubs and tournaments wearing jerseys of players, which didn't happen 5 years ago.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You grossly underestimate my stubborn streak.

6. Unimane

It doesn't have to be "the sport" to be a solidly followed league. It's undeniably getting better quality play and more money infused into the league. 15 years ago, they nearly folded. Now, they can pay for a guy who's plays for the Spanish national team right now. I don't see why it's outside the realm of possibility that it continues to improve. It does need a good TV deal, though.

7. Unimane

No, I have a Hispanic wife, so I understand your kind.

8. JayVols

I'm. Not. Hispanic.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Soccer is here to stay and with the growing Hispanic population, it's only going to grow. That said, MLS is never going to be higher than a AAA soccer league, if that.

Just from my 10 week coaching experiment with it, your traditional, suburban parents want their kids to play it because it they view it as safe and AYSO has advertised it as stress-free, fun, non cut-throat.

10. Unimane

Kansas City? Salt Lake City? St. Louis would sell out every game, too, if MLS figures out that it's a hotbed of soccer there.

11. Unimane

I know, Jay, I'm just running with the joke.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I will say, with the rate of growth MLS is trying to sustain I cannot understand how St. Louis doesn't have a team. Makes zero sense to me. Zero.

13. JayVols

That's good for you. The Melungeon Mafia was about to get a call... You ever heard of the Mullins Boys Maulers? Yeah. You don't want to either.

I know you were joking.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

The last thing you want is a Mullins or Davenport knocking on your door.

15. JayVols

Fact.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

All the kids are winners!

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

America

18. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

I am. You are a brave man

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Soccer balls and houndstooth aren't allowed in my home

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Exactly it's not as though these kids are learning strategy or will continue playing beyond ayso