Movies & Shows I've Never Seen

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Sep 3, 2014.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'm going to create a show about a guy who goes around killing people for the greater good. This guy has a job as a detective, so it helps him in his ability to cover up his crimes. One changed detail, completely new show that I totally came up with on my own.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I really liked BB, but I wouldn't go this far.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This. The MI movies are superior in almost every way.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

his wife and kid were just absolutely terrible on screen. Jessie and the sister in law weren't exactly the greatest actors of all time either.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so every comic book ripped off superman?

6. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

The concept, writing and acting are outstanding. Discussions such as this are completely subjective, I've seen many, many shows but nothing has come close to captivating me like Breaking Bad. It was on par with UT football in the sense that I counted down the days until the next episode.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It would be in my top 5

8. GahLee

I hate Tom Cruise. Hate him. And I'm 100% positive that Jason Bourne would absolutely ****ing murder Ethan Hunt.

9. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

what has star trek got that these other movies/tv shows don't have?!?!

oh yeah,
    [​IMG]

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

cranston is great. have been a fan of Esposito since his homicide life on the street days. the rest not so much.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

star trek fans are thinkers. I can see why some here wouldn't be star trek fans. it does require a certain level of intelligence.

12. GahLee

Pretty sure she won multiple awards for her performance, I thought she was good. Aaron Paul played his role perfectly. And the kid has a serious disability, I'm going to cut him some slack.

Above all of that, Bryan Cranston was amazing as Walter White. As good as any character on TV.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't care if she won awards. She was terrible and a completely unlikable character. And yes I know he has a real disability. That still doesn't make his character less unwatchable.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I am pretty sure he sexually assaulted Elaine from Seinfeld the other day.

15. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

You are sincerely missing out on some of the best cinematic gems ever, with that list of movies. However, I will say that before I ever saw it, Scarface's reputation made it seem as if it was the best gangster movie ever. I was whelmed, but not overly.

But seriously, go watch The Big Lebowski now, The Godfather 1 & 2 as soon as possible, and Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, & Half Baked when you have the time.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Famous Funnies was the first comic book ever released. Dr. Occult was the first superhero comic book. But, yes, every comic book has been based on that original style. Just as the comic book was based on newspaper comics. To say the storylines are all based on Famous Funnies or Dr. Occult, like the storyline for Shawshank is based on Escape which is widely considered to be based on the Stephen King novella released three year prior, would be completely fallacious.

But the fact that you're too stupid to understand the difference between being based on something and ripping something off is an entirely different argument.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  17. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

yeah, that must be it. i googled "mensa weddings" and found this.

[​IMG]

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I've never felt like my brain was being exactly taxed by a Star Trek movie or episode.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

agreed. scarface is a good movie, but hardly something you shouldn't die without seeing.

the big lebowski is spectacular.

20. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

"yo, they killed killer, b!"