MT Politics = Contact Sport

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, May 25, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

oh shit, we just entered a loop!

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I didn't.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

You insinuate that I am claiming to know what all people think. I point out that I did live in these kinds of places, and that is what my impression is based on. For some reason, you stated that meant that I had to validate "seriously racist mother****ers" or whatever (quote may not be exact). I have no idea why you said that, as I didn't say anything about racism.

Either you were saying I thought they were racists, or you thought they were racist, or I don't know what. Either way, you were seemingly doing what you seemingly originally decided I was doing when I dared to comment generally (something I am surely the very first and only one to do here). So I now understood that you, but not I, can comment on the thoughts and views of others. By me acknowledging this, you again point out that I am merely assuming that is what you meant. So true!

Or so I think. Maybe it isn't true, and I am IPsplaining you again. So we are in a loop. By saying anything about you or anyone at all, I am "inventing the motives" of "the opposition." of course, you know my thoughts and motives, and also that of people in rural areas that you know to be racist?

So ya, I dunno.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I took it to mean that there were some seriously racist people out in Idaho, etc and that if you were speaking for the area that you'd find yourself validating some seriously racist people before long.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If having lived amongst people gives you license to make blanket statements about what motivates a huge group of people... Well, let's just say there are plenty of people just as familiar with the groups I mentioned as you are with rural America that will tell you those ethniticies/religions/nationalities are all subhuman and motivated by some sinister desire to take your country/life/women.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are you telling me what other people think?

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

For the second time, nope. Telling you what select individuals say they think about large populations of people. Basically, relating statements I've heard from people that were very similar to the post you made awhile back. These individuals meet the have lived among them qualification and are therefore to be taken seriously.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay. Shut the forum down. Stating any general opinion empowers racists.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That is a pretty general statement. I hope you are doing some kind of penance.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nah, I've been chasing down some leads. Trying to independently validate racism for my neighbors. Not on purpose, just kinda happened. Maltese falcon style.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Try harder. Let's say I said something along the lines of "black people care more about getting even with white people than advancing themselves." I imagine you'd get your panties in a wad. Now, suppose I counter with a statement that it's ok for me to say that, because I lived with black people and understand what motivates them. I presume you'd then retract your protest and recognize the supreme validity of my ridiculous generalization.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Stay on the racism angle. Probably will play better than you basically saying millions of Americans you disagree with are more concerned with screwing people like you over than caring for themselves. Must be fun to argue like that. Kpt thinks anything anyone posts is a validation of racism! I can win that argument!

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is a matter of your hypothetical being baseless and mine being one that is fairly representative within aspects of conservative rural culture in a number of ways. It's fine, though. I get it now.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't say anything about me being screwed over. I'm fine.

I am apparently the only one to use hyperbole for effect or make a generality. I apologize for this offense, kpt. I pledge to join you in stamping this type of discourse from the forum.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You clearly aren't "with me" if you think hyperbole is the issue. You, once again, are speaking for the opposition. That's the problem. Someone disagrees with you and it's never for any reason that could possibly be considered logical. It's always something you've concocted that makes them some sort of villain.

Just today you could have asked for clarification. Instead, you chose to assume I was advancing and easily detestable nonsensical argument.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah. That was after you told me I was telling you what people think. And you followed that up with I'm telling you any opinion posted here empowers racists.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I honestly thought that was what you were saying. I then posted the above to show you how I was understanding you, and repeatedly stated I don't understand what you're saying if that isn't what you mean.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Man this thread delivered

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Im not advocating you be executed for it. I'm just showing you tend to jump to really bad conclusions when you're analyzing the other side.