MT Politics = Contact Sport

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, May 25, 2017.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Eh, it's Han Solo and Captain Picard arguing semantics. I've seen better.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

No idea what motivates rural America, but I doubt anything with "libtards" cracks the top 10.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yellow airplane, pasta soccer.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Amen. I've read through this twice now, and still have no damned idea as to what point either is making, much less arguing about.

At this point, I don't suspect that they do, either.

It's like watching Indy argue with anyone on any subject - a bunch of harmlessly haphazard slapping.

Not once has either accused the other of treason, mental retardation, Russian interference, felonious conduct, fake news or that a differing but strongly held political opinion must necessarily usurp the bounds of friendship.

One side has to be completely right, and the other side must not only be wrong, but inherently, insidiously and unforgivably evil. And, clearly, as we'll claim later that this is not our fault, because we are just the mirrored image of our politicians and media, and not the other way around.

So, get to fighting you two, because these problems aren't going to just stay broken and unresolved on their own.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good thing you're here to set us straight and show the way.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Perfectly fair.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Gianforte apologizes to reporter and pledges contribution to press group

Greg Gianforte, the Montana congressman-elect who is accused of "body slamming" a Guardian reporter, sent a letter of apology and will plead no contest to the misdemeanor assault charge, according to documents.

Gianforte also pledged to donate $50,000 to the Committee to Protect Journalists, an organization that promotes press freedom, as part of a settlement with the journalist, Ben Jacobs, "in the hope that perhaps some good can come of these events."...

On Wednesday, he issued a letter to Jacobs.

"My physical response to your legitimate question was unprofessional, unacceptable, and unlawful. As both a candidate for Office and a public official, I should be held to a high standard in my interactions with the press and the public. My treatment of you did not meet that standard."

"I made a mistake and humbly ask for your forgiveness," the letter stated.

Jacobs accepted the apology.

"I have accepted Mr. Gianforte's apology and his willingness to take responsibility for his actions and statements," he said in a statement. "I hope the constructive resolution of this incident reinforces for all the importance of respecting the freedom of the press and the First Amendment and encourages more civil and thoughtful discourse in our country."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/08/politics/gianforte-apologizes-guardian-reporter-letter/index.html

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good follow-up.