POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'm not arguing. I'm telling you that you've never brought it up, but now you are making a big deal about it. Faux outrage. Again.

2. Ssmiff

I'm offended by the show Blackish as it makes the white dude look like an idiot. I want it off the air. And Eddie Murphy white man skit. And White Girls by the Wayans. Sue everybody. It all just offends me. And Chappelle Niggar family skit. Ban it. BET is offensive and racist. Want it gone. It's all just so offensive and people need to understand a different viewpoint.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I hold a number of positions on a number of things and have for many years on a lot of them, a fair number of them which I have not managed to comment upon here. Me making a comment now on something happening currently which you brought up and fits into a long held position of mine isn't some idiotic "faux outrage". Also, making a comment on it isn't making it "a big deal", it's injecting my view on it. Me bringing it up previously or not couldn't be more irrelevant. In fact, of all of your sophistries, this one is the silliest.

Once again, for the five millionth time, you simply can't argue the topic, it's validity merely on the merits of the case. It's always these stupid ass left field misdirections about what people can and can't say (Canceling by Ssmiff?) instead of just arguing the point. Should the publisher have discontinued the printing of the books or not? That's the question. Instead, you have to pursue violating a few logical fallacies every discussion instead. Just argue the [uck fay]ing point, for once.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, it doesn't offend you. You couldn't care less about these things until people started making noise you hear about these other depictions, so you put out some half ass, insincere retort.

Also, I've never heard you say you were offended by these things before now, so............

That being said, if the company which owns White Girls and Blackish wants to stop production of those items, then it is in their purview to do so, especially, as in the case with Seuss' estate, they have the approval of those who produced it behind the decision.

5. Ssmiff

Judas priest uni. What point are you wanting me to argue. You don't like my opinion that this is stupid pc shit. I'm not arguing about it. My post about being offended was to imitate how dumb it is for people to be offended, constantly, about things that have no bearing on their lives. You point at me saying I don't have the ability to see another view is the most oblivious hypocritical comment one could make as you are INCAPABLE. Seriously i can't fathom how you type out some of this shit and point fingers at others so often when you are raising hell because I don't agree with you.
    Keep up the support for those offended by Dr Seuss and prayers up for the struggle. Then next week you can get back to statues, republikkans, tweets or whatever the [uck fay] you want to cry about as being offensive. I'm sure there will be something else. There always is.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Nobody was making any deal of it here until YOU brought it up with your dumb meme.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It's his own estate ceasing publication. Not the publisher, not the book stores. His own estate. That is not "cancelling".

I loved Mulberry Street. Read it to my kids all the time. But. There are a few awful images in it, so I can understand Seuuss' estate's stance on this.

SetVol13 likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

It's a FB thread and I posted a FB meme with no comment. You are wrong.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  9. Ssmiff

You obviously made your kids racists, which is what some say the books do. Nice job NA.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Please link me to where we have had a discussion on Dr. Seuss and whether or not his works contain offensive images, on here, in the past.

I’ll wait.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Who says that? Who said reading this book makes you a racist? And anyone that says that is stupid.

And if you haven't read the history of "Horton Hears a Who" by Dr. Seuss, you should. It shows that Seuss himself evolved over the years, like we all do, and that some of his earlier stuff was not how he would have written or drawn it later in his life.

This is another in a long line of passive aggressive postings where you post a thing with zero comment, people then start commenting on what you posted (most often with no direct accusations towards you, but towards what you posted) and you immediately go on the offensive.

SetVol13 likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

Read Across America started this issue, not the Seuss estate. They did it after being pressured and bad publicity.
    RAM mentions kids start forming racial opinions by age 3 and could be affected by Seuss books. Of course your kids aren't, which is my point. You read the book to them often and it had no bearing on how they see other races or kids.
    Obama mentions "you can learn everything you need to know" in Seuss books. He mentions him a few times. If it was so offensive, the African American Potus should could have mentioned it was offensive to him, but he didnr, because it's silly

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm very good with a publisher deciding what they publish. That's it. The rest, you'll have to invent and project.

14. Ssmiff

Additionally NA, don't mention me being passive aggressive as posters "aren't posting directly at you", when one of the first responses is Uni of all people telling me I can't see outside my own perspective. Holy shit that's funny to read.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

16. Ssmiff

Deciding on one's own is one thing. Bowing down to outside pressure is another, imo.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Like some old ass books no longer being published?

18. Ssmiff

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

20. Ssmiff

I'm not offended. I lol at the thought of Dr Seuss being offensive to 9 year olds who can hear wet ass [ussy pay] on the radio or hear or the word n**** 20 times in a song and watch the artist win awards for it. It's all bassakwards.