Mykelle McDaniel interview:

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Looking at next years schedule if he isn’t good for 7 wins then there’s definitely a problem. 8 wins would be fantastic... anything more is probably unrealistic.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

No, it's gotta be 8. Make it a cool 10. Make it a national championship game appearance. That's what Kirby did in his second year and if Pruitt can't do that then just fire him.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Vandy, statistically, is just as bad as Tennessee across the board. It was a terrible loss

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The win column has to improve.

utvol0427 likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't understand this. The last two weeks, Tennessee looked like uncoached dog shit. It's okay to question the staff after that.

utvol0427, Tenacious D and warhammer like this.
  6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

[uck fay] stats. Would you rather have Vandy's roster at the time of the UT game or UT's roster?

Shurmur or Guarantano? Shamberger or Williams? Griffin or Bituli?

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Defense was mostly in position. It was more a personal issue than anything.

Offensively coaching played a huge factor. We should have been way more creative in getting chandler the ball.

I like Pruitt and I think he has a chance of being a home run hire. However the optics of the vandy game, will stay with him awhile.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'd rather have an offensive staff worth a [uck fay].

Tenacious D likes this.
  10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And that changes not a damn thing about my question and the matchup

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Agree with the first part.

The second...Saban lost to Croom and ULM in consecutive weeks in his first year. This was a failure, but first-year failures happen a lot of places. Let’s see what things look like next year

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Force feed Chandler and Jennings the ball, you win the game or at least lose a shootout.

There isn't a player on Vandy's team that can hold either's jock.

Tennessee has been an undisciplined pile of shit for two weeks. That is directly on the staff.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Saban had a natty on the shelf and didn't lose by 25 to anyone. Pruitt has a spit cup and a pan of cornbread.

I like the guy, but they aren't comparable.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Because you don't want them to be comparable.

15. Tar Volon

That’s just the most memorable example. Saban had a mile of breathing room and he deserves it. Pruitt doesn’t. I’m just not going to act like a couple straight weeks of garbage is something he can’t come back from. It’s a bad sign. It makes his first year a failure. It doesn’t have me on the edge of the cliff ready to jump.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I want Pruitt to win big, I genuinely like the guy, but there's a lot of red flags. Undisciplined play on both sides, confusion on the oline, not riding Chandler on offense, Darrell Taylor in pass coverage ever...

It is what is. This staff choked against UF and, with a bowl bid on the line, shit the bed twice.

chavisut and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  17. Tar Volon

The defense was bad, but they at least had a tough matchup. The offense was playing their worst P5 opponent of the year, by far, and they played like garbage. Bad on both sides, but really just inexcusable on offense.

justingroves likes this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt has been a damn good defensive coach and coordinator before his time here.

Nick Saban was that, plus a national championship winner as a head coach. It was easy to say, hey, this guy has a plan, be patient. We don't know what Pruitt has.

zehr27 likes this.
  19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed. I'm interested to see how the Helton deal shakes out and how our recruiting class ends up. Both are real important for next year and year 3. I want him to be the guy and hope he is.

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

The absurdly loaded #1 recruiting class Saban pulled going into the following year didn’t hurt either. You certainly can’t criticize Pruitt’s recruiting at this juncture but the point stands as far as that comparison is concerned.