Nashville, Brentwood, Chattanooga and Atlanta suck. Or do they? Discuss here.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by ptclaus98, Dec 5, 2021.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm from Kentucky.

Do your worst.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I like where I grew up. But the fact that Kentuckians are completely sure that Kentucky is just objectively better (like higher class/less redneck) than Tennessee has always been comical to me.

3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Wait, what? This is a thing?

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

100%. They make Tennessee jokes. A lot.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's incredible, isn't it?

A-Smith likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The codes office is right down the street from a good Italian restaurant

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do Italians have souls?

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You obviously know nothing about East Nashville then. The Lesbian militia of East keeps everyone in line. Not one crooked “BLM” yard sign in the whole neighborhood. They run a tight ship

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh ya, the lesbians militantly ensure straightness.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Depends on if they root for Juventus or not in my experience

Unimane likes this.
  11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Not sure about the Brentwood story but I witnessed a similar story first hand…. In the 80’s when I was in high school there was a special ed guy that used to eat lunch with the cheerleaders. He was actually a pretty cool guy and everyone liked him but one day at lunch he cranked one out under the table and jizzed on at least two of the girls’ legs… they freaked and he had to eat with the guys basketball team from then on. He was an equipment guy for them and a free throw machine… he lived across the street from a buddy of mine and when he was home he’d shoot free throws for hours on end. Literally, on the weekends he would be out in his driveway from “can see” to “can’t see”. In the four years I knew him I never saw him miss. Not one time.

The Dooz likes this.
  12. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I miss places with stainless steel prison toilets and an outdoor spigot over the sink.

I've poked around broadway for about 15 years as a tourist and now around whatever Texas act is playing and have seen enough of $6 Shiners, Journey covers, and $249 nights at a comfort inn.

The song "This Aint My Town" by Wade Bowen sums it up, written about Austin (another place I loved) but fits Nashville.

justingroves likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Rainey Street in Austin is pretty cool

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I like this story.

15. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Its a cool place but I think the "good ole days" are over there, I've become a curmudgeon who likes my hippies and rednecks and cowboys.

Music is my compass and I am kinda a [unt cay]y snob

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Sounds like a South Park episode.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Hippies and Cowboys you say?

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah it's been a few years. Really enjoyed it though. First bar was cool and had cornhole and a tiny putt putt which is good for guys on a golf trip. Music eeverywhere. Walked across to a house looking bar with music. People all over. Food trucks next door. Then we put our biggest guys in the back of those rickshaws and gambled on them for awhile.

19. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I grew up in Green Hills/Belle Meade area. Lived in south Nashville after college for about 5 years, and recently moved to Brentwood. I fit all the stereotypes, probably.

justingroves likes this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

How close did you live to Reese Witherspoon's mom? Reese is a [itch bay]