NC Amendment 1 Passes (Constitutionally Prevents Gay Marriage)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 8, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You're right. Now that I think about it, I'd much rather not be alive that have to suffer.

And no, I'm saying that the immediate reaction should be to take responsibility. Instead, for a lot of people, the immediate reaction is "[uck fay], how can I get out of this situation?"

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

You have no idea. It took the powers that be waaaaaay too long to make Plan B available OTC. I've been keeping Plan B in business ever since. I should buy stock.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

See, I actually believe KB when he says this, and I venture to say that not one person on the board believes Indy.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The worst is when they [uck fay] with you about missing their period and shit... pregnancy scares probably cause men more stress than anything else in the world. It's sickening how some women throw out the "I think I might be pregnant" even when they aren't.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No joke, I remember going through my "last football practice" because my gf (at the time) claimed she was pregnant. I had it in my mind that I was going to have to transfer home and a bunch of shit. One of the worst days of my life. She was a complete psycho.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I believe Indy, in that the hypocrisy of condemning abortion due to being a Catholic but having sex out of wedlock and using birth control is okay fits his intellect.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What is your definition of life? What science do you expect is going to come up to prove when life begins? Meaning, what evidence would you need to say, "here is when life begins"? I'm just a little skeptical this is a scientifically definable condition.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm a-ok with 3 people marrying as long as all are consenting adults. i agree that people without kids are discriminated against. no question about it. if they all got together and sued i'm sure they would win. why should childless kids have to pay for schools too?

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The same reason people that never ride public transit have to pay for it, people that never drive pay for highways, and people who have never been the victims of crimes pay for district attorneys. They're public goods.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i agree kids are better off with a loving man and wife, but these days that's a small minority of the population. hell it was probably a small minority in the 60s too. lots of dads that didn't have shit to do with their kids those days.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no the reason is that generally the people using said things are much poorer than those not using it and without rich people we don't have public schools, highways, and justice systems because we flat out couldn't afford it.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Droski, if I'm hearing you right, only the poor people use the freeways in California?

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no only the poor people use the schools and generally only the poor people use the emergency rooms, medicaid, and court system. anyone that drives in so cal knows they don't spend that much money on the freeways.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Thusfar in this thread we have covered -

Gay Marriage
    The Trinity
    Who wrote the Bible
    When the Bible was written
    % of taxes wealthy pay vs. benefit received
    Immigration
    The 14th Amendment
    [MENTION=109]volfanjo[/MENTION]'s crap taste in beer
    Abortion
    Polygamy

I love the internet.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

These poor people really suck! Why don't they just pay for Andover like the rest of us?!

Seriously though, even Milton Friedman agrees there has to be some modicum of state intervention and identifies schools, police and highways as three such needs.

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Card, I'm a man of the people. Sorry I'm not a elitist who drinks fancy beer like Blue Moon or Zima.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i don't disagree, but my complaint comes when we start acting like the rich are leaching off the poor people in this country. is it fair the rich pay for everything? no. but life isn't fair.

18. CardinalVol

Don't lie.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i can't stand blue moon. does zima still exist?

20. CardinalVol

I like one, but typically never want a second. Give me a Guinness please.

And I'm not proof-positive, but I don't think it is around anymore.