NC Amendment 1 Passes (Constitutionally Prevents Gay Marriage)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 8, 2012.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

FYI, first poll out since Obama's gay marriage announcement and he is down 7 points to Mitt Romney.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Saw that. Was 48-43 IIRC in the poll before this. Is a two point jump really attributable to this?

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Yeah, placing the care of a child in the hands of an irresponsible person as a way of teaching them a lesson is a great idea. I bet it will work out well for the child.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Hard to say, but Rasmussen normally does good work.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

anyone that would encourage their 14 year old daughter to have a kid and ruin her life rather than get an abortion needs to seriously rethink things.

7. hatvol96

Damn it, oski. We have to teach people a lesson.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Asking if Zima is still around on the 8th is the equivalent of asking if a tree makes a sound when it falls and no one is around to hear it

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I was not stating that i condemn abortion because I'm Catholic. I condemn abortion because I think it is morally wrong. I was introduced to a lot of issues because I was raised Catholic, but I'm a lukewarm Catholic at best. Why do you think I read all your shit in the first place? I'm still trying to figure out what I believe for myself.

Again, some cases it may not turn out great, but I'd rather go through some rough times than be dead. And what about the times it does work out okay?

What percentage of teenage pregnancies are 14 year olds? I'm really asking because I'm curious. What percentage are 15 and under and what percentage are 16 and older? Regardless, it's hard for me to think of having a child as "ruining" someone's life. It's about perspective, and there are plenty of ways to have a child at a young age and still live a happy, successful life.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Regardless, it's hard for me to think of having a child as "ruining" someone's life. It's about perspective, and there are plenty of ways to have a child at a young age and still live a happy, successful life.

I agree with this, Indy.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i have no idea, but not much changes in the thought process at 17 for me. you are thrusting a child into adulthood. and we all know the statistics. even teen moms who had good grades before teh pregnancy are likely to not finish hs, highly unlikely to finish college, unlikely to get married in the future, and unlikely to be employed in a high paying job. is it possible to still have a happy successful life? sure. but it's a hell of a lot harder.

12. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Pretty unfair characterization of the evangelical position here lv. The haggards and paul&jan crouches of the world are an abomination no doubt. But if one believes that life begins at conception(and I do), to not fight abortion is ethically reprehensible. Plenty of people are concerned with this issue out of a sincere desire to protect human life.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

why stop at conception? Maybe it begins at erection.

14. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

ha. Christians for Castration

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Maybe we've been viewing the Ethiopian Eunich wrong all these years..................

16. hatvol96

Then you need to [uck fay]ing think harder. The only "perspective" at work here is the psedomoral, stick your nose in other people's business one you are advocating. This country was far, far more efficient and effective when people minded their own [dadgum] business.

17. hatvol96

Who cares? We need to send a message.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I see abortion as murder. Essentially, you are telling me that if I hear/see my next door neighbor murdering his wife, I should look the other way, rather than stick my nose in their business. The only difference is that the unborn baby doesn't have the ability to cry for help.

19. hatvol96

Why is it your business to attempt to apply your moral standards on someone else? Don't like abortion? Try to convince some chick you knock up to pass on having one. Otherwise, it couldn't be any less of your concern.

20. hatvol96

Oh, the poor voiceless fetus. That's been the cry of you and your like minded, nosy ilk for going on 50 years. The country doesn't give a damn. Reasonable access to abortion is the law of the land. Period. Is now and always will be going forward. I would comment further on your ridiculous analogy, but I'm just going to let it stew in its own stupidity.