NCAA Football Coaching Carousel Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 12, 2015.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Smart by Illinois.

2. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

@BrodyLogan: Can confirm Justin Fuente will be the Virginia Tech #Hokies next coach, w/Bud Foster staying on as DC. Announcement expected next week.

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

It's going to be hilarious when a first year HC beats Butch and co. 4 years into their gig...

#giveme6yearsminimum

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What will the excuse be? Frank Beamer left him grown men and we still have babies?

5. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

"Well, they're on scholarship. You look at Justin, he's a great football coach with all that he accomplished at Memphis. He took over a great program, a championship caliber team that has been molded by Frank Beamer. That's a team that will contend for a championship this season." - Lyle Jones

6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

That makes me sick just reading it because it's something he would actually say.

7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Sports Illustrated is reporting that Iowa State and Matt Campbell are expected to come to an agreement within the next couple of days. Have no clue why he'd take that job.

8. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I read something on Twitter about Sakerlina talking to Jeff Brohm?!

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I've heard his name mentioned for the UVA job, but yeah SCe can do a lot better.

10. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

From Cocky Talk

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Steve Spurrier
    Tom Herman

[ddiapos]
    Butch Jones

Tennessee should just kill the program.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If the Herman news is true, then the East is about to step back up in power.

East was never going to be sloppier and crappier than this year and we end up in 3rd place. PROGRESS!

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2nd.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yes, thank you. Forgot head-to-head beats overall record.

15. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I don't buy it, but I obviously hope it's true.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Tubberville makes the most sense for South Carolina if the recent pattern continues.

17. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Sounds like Fisher and Kelly turned down LSU who then came to their senses to do a 180 w/ Miles

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Herman has been a head coach one year. He was left a vet athletic qb. I'm not saying he sucks, but he's much more likely to flop than be a success

19. CardinalVol

Miles staying.

I get the thought process of wanting to make a change. I was there 10 years ago. But how it went down was crap.

20. CardinalVol

Yeah, you are essentially saying we are hiring urban if you hire him. He may be a great coach, and I lean towards that he will, but one year isn't much.