Netflix - Making a Murderer

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Butthole, Dec 27, 2015.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This is why Casey Anthony walked. Pieces of evidence shouldn't be viewed independently. Say you are only 50% a piece of evidence points to a person's guilt. But then line up 10 pieces of evidence that you are similarly only 50% sure proves that they're guilty. The defendant has less than a 1/1000 chance of being innocent in such a case. That's not a reasonable doubt. In this case you've got at least 10 pieces of evidence that point to Steven Avery's guilt. Some of these pieces are way better than 50%. Steven's blood (preservative free) was in her RAV-4. To me that alone is enough. Throw every single other piece out. Dude had motive (he asked for the girl by name and called her using *67), opportunity (last person to claim to see her alive), and DNA evidence.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can't say it was preservative free. That was not what was determined, because no such test exists to determine that.

Asking for someone by name and calling her via *67 because she otherwise doesn't answer is not a motive (I don't think the word "motive" is even remotely applicable to someone calling someone)

All the DNA evidence is suspect due to clear tampering by the police who had control of the scene for 5 days before finding anything.

I hope you're never on a serious jury.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

And there goes the hood DNA evidence. Botched botched botched. They botched this whole thing to the point that if he did it but the evidence was actually followed for it's worth, they're practically accomplices.

And there goes the gun link.

And the lack of blood looks even worse if there was deer blood present.

Body couldn't have been burned to that extent in a ground fire according to an expert.

DNA from two or more people on the chains and leg irons, none of them the victim's (so you know it wasn't cleaned). That means those chains couldn't have been used on her.

Never checked the key for finger prints (because they probably knew none were there if they planted it, but if they didn't it could have been the killer's).

Where's the ****ing case? I don't see one. What the state presented doesn't match reality.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Guy was smart enough to kill the girl without leaving a trace of her blood, but too stupid to remove his own blood from the victim's car? Smart enough to scrub key of her dna, but too stupid to remove his own dna?

I tend to believe he murdered her. But it appears that evidence was manufactured to drive that conviction.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

One thing that still bothers me, though. The two phone calls that Jodi made to Steven on the evening of the murder. Both lasted roughly 15 minutes, both were recorded...certainly didn't sound like a guy who was rushed, preoccupied, or murdering someone. If he did murder Theresa, those phone recordings provide a chilling glimpse into how cold and remorseless this guy is...a psychopath. But, to that point, how is this his first offense? Did prison do this to him?

Why does a guy who stands to make millions - on the verge of living the life of his dreams - throw it all away to kill on a whim?

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I don't think he had anything to do with it.

I also tend to believe Avery didn't do it, but can't say with complete certainty.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Weird how people fail to grasp that this exact level of "certainty" was present in the first case, when he was undoubtedly innocent.

9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yep.

I agree with all your post above completely.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

All good points. It's a hard deal to understand.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Did you read his entire confession interview?

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Just now getting to watch this and man they really dropped the ball and the biggest thing instead of being poor is that our public schools do such a poor job of teaching an understanding of our individual basic rights in this situations.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just public schools. If only they weren't public, Avery and Brendan would be so educated...

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Having never been in a private school sitting, I have no clue what they cover on the subject. However in my experience in public schools it's just glossed over quickly and science and social studies is getting less time now due to all the testing.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm not sure Brendan would know even if he was taught it 24/7.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

His mom should have put a stop to all the integrations without her present or their lawyer there though.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm not sure she was any smarter.

Steven was probably the smartest of the bunch, and his IQ was 70.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The kid asked his mom what inconsistent means, she said she didn't know.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I've not really looked into the other side of the coin since I just finished this, but it seems like in every way they got railroaded to me. They're the local dumbasses that pissed off the political powerful in the county, so they set out to make an example out of them.