Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think we're gonna see the FF involved before this is over.

emainvol and lylsmorr like this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Wanda brings more mutants in

emainvol likes this.
  3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I watched Supersonic, the documentary on Oasis. I love those guys. So stupid.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Madripoor is an island nation in the comics where Wolverine hangs out. It's also where a chunk of Falcon and Winter Soldier take place.

There's a whole lot of stories they've made where Wolverine fought with Bucky and Captain America in WWII and then where the Winter Soldier and Wolverine did black op missions around each other.

I'm willing to bet Patch (what wolverine goes by in Madripoor) is dropped a few times in this show

emainvol and lylsmorr like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fantastic Four is more sci fi space based, Wanda is more magical/Dr Strange, but they've already mentioned Captain Marvel, right up FF's alley, in Wandavision.

Wanda depowered all but 198 mutants in the comics, maybe she'll do the opposite in the show.

6. CardinalVol

The I know an aerospace engineer line is what got me thinking this may introduce them.

justingroves likes this.
  7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Fantastic Four were my favorite comic growing up. Ben Grimm, the Thing, was my favorite character, and so far, the movies made for them have sucked nuts. I think that, sadly, they are just not a hip enough group of heroes for a modern viewer and don't think they translate well to 2021.

8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

It’s got to have already been mentioned, but the ZZ Top documentary “Little ‘Ol Band From Texas” is pretty good. I’ve always been a casual fan at best but I forgot how good the early records are. Tres Hombres and Fandango! will be getting exhumed from my extensive archives this weekend, I’m sure!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  9. CardinalVol

So who is monique on her way to becoming?

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m not really an anime guy outside of Studio Ghibli and Cowboy Bebop, but my brother kept telling me to watch Attack on Titan, and it’s dark and sad but really damned good

On Hulu

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

She had a few different names. Photon, Pulsar and Spectrum

I’m with Groves, I think this goes reverse House of M and she brings in all the mutants. She’ll go nuts after Vision dies (again) and extend the hex out over the whole planet and that will give us mutants

I can also see Monica bringing in Reed Richards though.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That and Hayward talking about losing a crew in space

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Also, can we get something that leads us to either Annihilation or Phalanx in the MCU?

Annihilation will blow some minds

justingroves likes this.
  14. CardinalVol

I think the whole thing is eventually gonna blow up somehow. From the commercials, her and Vision are gonna have at it soon enough. She may kill him, again.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

This is what I see happening, that was my first thought after the "results" of her bloodwork.

16. CardinalVol

I think she's going to lose control of it and it's gonna blow.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Rewatching Taboo. I suggest it if you like Tom Hardy

18. CardinalVol

I can't fathom that Marvel is actually going to do something everyone expects, even as cool as it would be. It's going to somehow end up being Beast or Magneto or something unexpected.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They could go 100 different directions

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator