Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Fantastic Four #2. Here is the kicker, in the early 80s in an FF Annual, the town where the cows were left is acting all weird. Come to find out that Skrull-Cow milk does really weird things to the the people that drink it...

I am your local FF expert for all FF things pre-1995 or so. After that, comics went bizarro reboot bat crazy and I said "bye". Not to mention I thought the art work went to shit.

justingroves likes this.
  2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The MCU is basically my knowledge base outside of just being a kid and not being able to escape some of the more popular characters. Which has been a good thing because I haven’t had some standard to hold movies to. That being said the farther this goes and the more convoluted it gets with multiverses and skrull impersonation and whatnot I’m afraid it’s going to lose me

3. NorrisAlan

Comics have always been like this, as far back as forever. So get ready to be lost.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

Yeah I think that’s a big reason why I just never got started in it

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Son started watching Bluey on Disney+. It's a super short Australian kids cartoon. Wholesome and funny. I really enjoy it.

6. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

It's such a well-done show.

After you watch every episode 7 times, you should be able to get season 2 on-demand through cable if you have a subscription.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Resident Alien is funny as hell, my wife found it the other day. It's on sy fy

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The scene between Sam and Isaiah in the latest Falcon is some of the best TV I think I have ever watched.

NorrisAlan and justingroves like this.
  9. NorrisAlan

Sucks it's only six episodes.

10. CardinalVol

There's about 25 storylines to close up Friday.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

Or just spin off into other movies/shows

12. CardinalVol

Still got to bring them to a close in this series, even if it starts a new one.

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Mighty Ducks is pretty decent on Disney+. Doesn’t stray far from the tried and true formula, but entertaining enough.

14. CardinalVol

The boy loves it.

15. CardinalVol

Good closure on Falcon.

Wrapped up the story and subplots (maybe a hair rushed at end, but whatever), set up several new ones moving out. Definitely 3 direct plot lines moving forward from the two shows so far, and probably 4. Not sure how Val/Agent will play out.

Now ready to see Loki and then see how they weave all four of these together.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Loki is going to be fun

CardinalVol likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Really incredible how strong the Avengers entertainment franchise is, on a quality level.

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The Isabella Stewart Gardner museum heist documentary was OK. Probably a lot more interesting to me having lived in Boston for those years than it otherwise would have been. Learned a few new things. If you don’t know anything about it, you might enjoy it. The scale is pretty wild.

Also watching The Serpent right now about the crazy [uck fay] that killed a lot of hippies and travelers through Southeast Asia in the 70s. Pretty good.

19. CardinalVol

I didn't know this until today, but apparently the original storyline was for a disease and vaccine and was uncannily scary close to COVID-19 in reality so they had to change things ang reshoot several things. That's why it feels kind of rushed at the end.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's 60 years of story boards in comic form for them.