Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

it ends perfectly. leaves you with the weight of the sacrifices people made.

TheOrangeEmpire likes this.
  2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I’d say it gets really good once they take over the motel. If you don’t like it 3-4 episodes in though it’s probably not for you.

justingroves likes this.
  3. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

Very well said.

4. TheOrangeEmpire

Anyone watch The Frankenstein Chronicles with Sean Bean?

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Started it but got bored and never went back.

TheOrangeEmpire likes this.
  6. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Since the Atlanta killings took place in 1980-81 timeframe, Bundy was already in prison. Perhaps they will feature an episode with an in-prison interview of Bundy in season 3. They have been featuring the BTK as a backdrop the first two seasons. Since he committed two murders in 85 and 86, they will probably delve into that.
    The 80's had a plethora of serial killers and transitioning to the mid to late 80's will be my guess. Butcher Baker' Robert Hansen, 'Green River Killer' Gary Ridgway, 'Night Stalker' Richard Ramirez and 'Milwaukee Cannibal' Jeffrey Dahmer are all names that could be featured.

7. TheOrangeEmpire

Fair enough, thank you

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Until this show, I had no idea about the Atlanta killings....which was sort of the point, I think. I was only 7-8, but still, I’d never even heard of it any time since.

I got on a Bundy kick about a year ago, from another show where he was featured, and am still sort of fascinated by him. He was the perfect serial killer...white, near 30 years old, handsome but not really distinguishable, high IQ, educated, few close ties, a pure con-man, but also just crazily savage as shit, etc.

His escape from the Colorado jail and representing himself in court added some levity to an otherwise decidedly bleak watch.

chavisut and TheOrangeEmpire like this.
  9. TheOrangeEmpire

I decided to go with Band of Brothers.

I haven’t watched the mini series in a good long time.

hohenfelsvol and chavisut like this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

has anyone heard of unnatural selection on netflix? I'd love to hear some takes/opinions relating to it. specifically you, @Volst53 , because it has themes that are really challenging regarding "deciding" and am curious to see what you think.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I've not heard of it, but I'll give it a try.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

it's a documentary mini series

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just so long as that gene selection is extremely expensive and only available to ultra-rich, bolstering our advantage over lesser humans.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Tried 1st episode of mindhunter. Not impressed. Felt like i was in that dudes classroom for an hour

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I also found it boring. Shows need to hook you on the first episode. Not sure why some writers can't figure that out.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It definitely takes a couple of years episodes to get going.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yep. I will watch the 2nd one not out of desire, but boredom.
    Sinners 1st season thru 6 episodes.
    Treadstone up to date.
    Finished Righteous Gemstones. Season finale a little disappointing, but friend gping as uncle baby billy yesterday was on point.

Attached Files:

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

So they didn’t follow the HBO rule of boobs in episode 1?

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Boobs and some form of monster are best. Game of Thrones had a weird monster slaying in scene one and then I think a brothel not long after.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Like a turnip not impressed with a butcher.