New NCAA Investigation…

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JT5, Jan 30, 2024.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Exactly. He plays. If they want to cancel the game, that is the only he isn't playing.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

In fact, I think the crux of the NCAA's problem is that they are decreeing who is repping the University and who isn't. UT's recruitment of Nico and Spyre's contracting with Nico had some synergies, but they were separate activities and you can't punish Nico for simply getting an NIL deal and picking a college instead of picking a college and then an NIL deal. That's Nico's business.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’m worried Spyre collective being only involved with one University could be an issue. No different really than a booster plane. Of course I don’t know all the details of the contracts. I was hoping Spyre was like a franchise and dealt with various colleges.

4. Power_T16

Power_T16 Chieftain

Every single collective that exists is only involved with one school.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tennessee is getting a LOT of support from all corners of the country. Game of Thrones, "King in the North" style.

zehr27, tvolsfan, gcbvol and 2 others like this.
  6. Ssmiff

yeah but which ones are Lannisters

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The ones who [uck fay] their sisters, so Bama.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have seen Bammers going "I hate Tennessee, but this is bullshit." They know that this will affect them just as much as it affects us, so everyone is coming together in a self-preservation mode.

justingroves likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is a subtext that y'all need to get redneck mad about, to this accusation. It is that there is no way that someone like Nico would ever choose Tennessee over the likes of UCLA, USC, Cal, UGA, Bama, etc. without Tennessee cheating. That is an essential part of their logic here. That it must have been induced. Like Tennessee isn't a premiere situation for a very talented quarterback.

Tar Volon likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lannisters didn't oppose Winterfell in Robert's Rebellion. The lore analogy is strong.

12. NorrisAlan

I figured we were talking about Rob Stark's rebellion, not Roberts.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's basically his point. I don't think it's going to be a problem unless you can find records of Spyre conspiring with the school, but saying Spyre has absolutely no interest in UT athletics is simply incorrect and would likely be laughed at in a courtroom. That's closer to smmiff's point.

Ssmiff likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Work with me here, just raise the banners.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Robert’s biggest mistake was not following his Rules of Order

16. Ssmiff

What’s the difference between a Spyre plane and a booster plane. Both paid for by donors with ties to UT and Spyre/booster only deals with UT.
    I’m assuming the NIL details separate the two in legal terms. But have to be honest as it is what it is which is legally paying a kid to play after illegal payments in football everywhere. Shoulda seen the cars UT big name players were driving before cell phones were even around, much less cell cameras.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

That is what Plowman is talking about regarding intellectual dishonesty of the guidance.

warhammer likes this.
  18. NorrisAlan

upload_2024-1-31_13-29-15.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
    utvol0427 and Poppa T like this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, this is what Plowman meant by intellectual dishonesty in the guidance on the part of the NCAA.

20. NorrisAlan

Then ALL NIL deals fall under "booster interference". But the SCOTUS said UH UH UH! in the order of 9-0.

justingroves, IP and Ssmiff like this.