Next four weeks

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Sep 19, 2021.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Missouri doesn't employ failed SEC washouts at every position

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Ah—fair enough! At any rate, I figure for all we know now, we have as good a shot at beating both as we do neither. Probably we’ll split, but it’d sure be nice to pick up an upset win so we’re not pinning the whole season on the Kentucky game (not that Kentucky is unbeatable, but it’d be nice to pick up a little momentum and not spend the year feeling like we’re doing the same thing we did the last three times)

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well we will maybe beat Florida and Tenny will post a single joyful word about it.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

A single word in 10000 parts.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Well, I just can't get used to hearing folks pin a win over Kentucky as a "successful season".

I guess it is better than the not too distant past when it was a fricking "success" beating Vandy.

But still, it just sucks sooo bad. <sigh>

Tar Volon likes this.
  6. Tar Volon

It doesn’t matter how bad we are and how good they are, I just can’t expect to lose to Kentucky. But realistically, beating them would be huge.

Poppa T likes this.
  7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I know. That is why it realistically sucks.

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I've been wanting to see more of him. I thought he could be a decent player for us.

9. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

What works for me is recording the game, if a win I watch it later. If we lose delete and it never happened. I’ve had my soul torn out the last 15-20 years waiting for hope to return.

A-Smith likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I wake up early Sunday morning and watch them all, looking at players and missed plays. That's what initially got me against JG. Next morning watching film you realize even more how bad it was.

Volokie and Memtownvol like this.
  11. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

I’ve done the same for years. Really helps to hammer home just how bad we have been over the last 15 or so years.

12. Tar Volon

If we bring our A game, we can beat Missouri and South Carolina. If we bring our C game, we can lose to both. Don’t know that our D has a chance of slowing down Ole Miss.

13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

We need to get lucky with the injuries we had tonight. Any of Hooker, Baron, Simmons, or Mays being out long term will be a pretty big detriment.

Tar Volon likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

our rbs had 22 carries at 5 per. I like the way both our rbs run and they seem to have good vision most of the time. Evans faster feet but Small has decent one foot and cut ability. Both of them finish strong.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

My wife has been trying to get me to do this for 5 years. Maybe it's itme.

VOLinDAWGland, Volokie and TDVol1989 like this.
  16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

YoutubeTV has a catch up with key plays feature that is awesome.

A-Smith likes this.
  17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Before I moved back, I went to only watching the wins. Honestly, it was so much better than being doubly pissed after dealing with getting a stream to work late at night only to watch a piss pitiful product and feel like garbage the next day.

Florida was the first game I had watched very much of this season due to bigger priorities. We went out to eat at a local bar (I still do not have a television or a good place to watch where we are staying) and my wife asked if I was ready to leave in the middle of the third. Old me would have stayed to the bitter end and soaked up every ounce of disappointment. Saturday, I left and enjoyed an ice cream on my dad's back porch. There's too much negativity in the world as it is. I don't need four quarters of 2021 Vol football every weekend.

18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

That's the way I approach games now. Don't waste a beautiful fall day sitting in a room staring at a box. If it's worth watching I'll watch it later.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

For the record, I wasn't overly disappointed Saturday. It's what it is. They are going to lose some games, but I like some of what I've seen out of the team. I don't even hate the offense despite it not featuring a fullback on every play. Dropped balls suck, and the carousel at offensive line is going to probably going to do them in in some games they should otherwise win. The defense looked better than I was expecting. For that matter, I like Heupel better than any hire since Kiffin, and maybe more so than him if I put myself back in the moment after he was hired and before he figured out how to get Crompton to play quarterback.

TDVol1989, Memtownvol and OneForVol like this.
  20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

One down. Hopefully we take care of business and catch Ole Miss off guard.