Next four weeks

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Pitt was a shoulda even with a 30 yr old qb putting himself in Heisman talk this year. Players in right spots to bury them early. And in UF game until 4th down dropped td late in 3rd. Players playing with a different speed and confidence imo

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Positive trajectory

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So, they are workin' like heck and are a few plays away? I only made my comment because it feels like it's August up in here. They look better, but we shouldn't forget who they were playing. Like I've said before, I feel better about where they are and who is coaching them than I have in a long time.

Also, if we start counting ifs and buts, do we go back and count 2015 bammer as a win?

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

One game at a time. Can only control what we can control. Get better everyday.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's the way they look and play. The same thing I/we said to the VN folks who were trying to defend Butch on his record, you can tell a lot by how they play. Jones' teams clearly were poorly coached with a dumb system in place and was bailed out by some really good talent which fell into his lap. It was clear, however, we were headed to bad times sooner or later under him. I was 100% on his failure (After starting at about 80%) by the Volympics days. Man, I'm so happy to not argue the value of that shit again.

To me, Heupel looks very different, but without much talent.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think this next game will tell us a whole lot. If we light up the scoreboard against South Carolina, I'll be a lot closer to jumping on the Heupe train.

10SEvols likes this.
  7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Definitely agree that Heupel is doing better with the eyeball test than we've seen in a while.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They've got better every week, it's nice to see. I'm not going to get too excited until they string together a few wins

A-Smith, lylsmorr and warhammer like this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Heupel isn't running a no read read option with an immobile statue while w star is 3rd string.

He isn't sticking with a worthless qb.

His teams don't quit.

The defense, all 11, runs to the ball. This shouldn't be that big of a deal, but it is compared to the previous shitshows

TangoUniform and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I pray every night, to a god I don't believe in, that the dark days are over.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I can't and won't argue that they don't look better. I just want to see how all of this talk of trajectory and trends looks a few weeks from now. I'll take beating the little brothers of the SEC as improvement and a good indicator, but I'm not ready to go that far after beating Missouri, Bowling Green, and Tech.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think the point I'm getting at here is I'm near 100% certain he won't have bad teams and I'm more and more certain he'll have good teams. I'm not sure, until a few more wins and, especially, a big win or two, he'll have very good to great teams. Not absolutely sucking is a nice step for now.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah it shouldn’t be a huge thing but after the last three years, admitting that that they’d made a mistake and changing qbs is just very refreshing

14. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Exactly where I'm at. It's been embarrassing being a Tennessee fan because of the poor product that's been on the field. Hopefully the light at the end of this tunnel isn't another train.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’m not there yet—I want to see more than half a season before we get there, and he did have some notable duds at UCF—but I’m getting closer to there.

warhammer and IP like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, Pruitt had me going after Year 2, so... I need to see a full season followed by finding a way to improve the roster this offseason.

A-Smith, warhammer and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm not clinically depressed about the program, so that's something.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Well look at you saying it all in one sentence.

19. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

The trajectory is upward

20. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

When that UT receiver (hyatt perhaps?) dropped that pass i melted into a puddle, My wife even said what happened? I said we just lost.