NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Ask Case Keenum

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I disagree. Ullamaliztli.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that's a good point given the fact the panthers schedule looked hard going into the season, but compare playing in the nfc south compared to say the NFC west. but look at their victories:

Bills, Giants, Vikings, Rams, Bucs, Falcons (twice), 49ers, Patriots, Dolphins, Saints

So 3 playoff teams?

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

[video=youtube;6a5g0SgglTU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a5g0SgglTU[/video]

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sumlin has turned some pedestrian QB's into stat machines. Manziel was able to take Sumlin's schemes to another level.

Manziel did go through reads and progressions but there were times he just out athleted (if that's a word) the defense and either scrambled or let his gigantic WR make a play. That's not bad necessarily, but he's not going to have 4 first round OL protecting him and a 1st round WR winning every jump ball either. It will work once every 5 times instead of once every 3 times like it did in college.

7. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

8. kidbourbon

Your are the worst poster in the history of message boards.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Not sure why you are incapable of having a rational argument

10. kidbourbon

You followed up on the below exchange by posting a single clip of Case Keenum running the ball. Bless your heart.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

And? By your theory tim tebow wasn't a system qb because leak didn't run the ball as much. That's some terrible logic. Also "scrambling drill" doesn't usually mean running the ball. In particular, given the reference to Evans who as you might know is a receiver. You might want to know that every decent coach actually teaches their qbs and Wrs what to do when the play breaks down as part of their "system."

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  12. kidbourbon

Are you drunk? None of that makes any sense, and all of it borders on unintelligible.

Because I can't respond to gibberish, I'll just restate from before. You followed up the exchange I pasted in two posts ago by posting a clip of a play where Case Keenum ran the ball. A clip. Of. A. Play. This speaks for itself. You are the worst poster in the history of message boards.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Balls deep! Genius!

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Hoyer named starting qb.

15. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

The fact that it took this long to do what the whole ****ing country knew should happen says a lot. Of course Hoyer is the starter. Manziel doesn't even know a quarter of the playbook ... regardless of how talented he is.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Frankly if you are going to keep hoyer, rather than someone decent like cassel, and draft manziel, then it makes little sense to start hoyer. i'm on record saying manziel will be a bust, but at least that's an unknown. we know hoyer sucks. If hoyer is really outperforming manziel enough to warrant starting him, then Cleveland fans should be terrified. Instead I think this is some sort of game played with the intent of manziel feeling like he has to "earn" the job. manziel isn't a complete idiot. he knows they don't want hoyer as their long term qb. might as well start him and end the charade.

17. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

But Dro ... he doesn't know enough of the playbook right now to stay alive out there. They've cut the field in half and he's still bailing out after looking at his primary. He wouldn't make it through three games without having a concussion, torn ACL or broken ribs.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

That's probably true anyway. I'd argue he's going to learn it better on the field. If you are drafting manziel you didn't do it for his knowledge of the game anyway.

19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

What do you guys think about the nfl charging artists to play the sb halftime show?

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

The NFL is the greediest organization ever, so not too surprising.