NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'll take Rodgers, Montana, Favre and a few others, even Peyton, throwing under pressure over Brady.

Let's put it this way. If you are putting a team together and have your choice of any QB in history, do you go with Brady?

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

With the current NFL rules. I'm either taking Brady or Dan Marino.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Does Brady get roughing the passer calls when a defender hits his shoulder?

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Randy Moss wasn't playing in KC either

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Dan Marino playing in today's game would be mass murder.

zehr27 and 10SEvols like this.
  6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It's crazy how bad the dolphins [uck fay]ed that up with their mismanagement.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That’s too easy. No way they would think of it.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Montana and Rodgers. Probably Steve Young too. Not Favre or Peyton, for me.

9. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Either Unitas or Otto Graham.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Interesting sidebar from Unitas’ Wikipedia page.

One of the most memorable games of the season came in a 59–6 loss against Tennessee. Unitas completed 9 of 19 passes for 73 yards, rushed 9 times for 52 yards, returned 6 kickoffs for eighty-five yards, 1 punt for three yards, and had 86 percent of the team's tackles. The only touchdown the team scored was in the fourth quarter when Unitas made a fake pitch to the running back and ran the ball 23 yards for a touchdown. Unitas was hurt later in the fourth quarter while trying to run the ball. On his way off the field, he received a standing ovation. When he got to the locker room he was so worn that his jersey and shoulder pads had to be cut off because he could not lift his arms.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I haven't gave a shit about football since the Phins beat the Patriots the last second of the game.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just happened to hear former Pro-Bowl linebacker Chad Brown on the air. He spent four seasons under Bill Cowher, then 8 under Mike Holmgreen before heading to the Patriots under Bill Bilicheck. Said he learned more football in one year with the Pats than in 12 combined with the other guys. Pretty high praise, I thought.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Never trust a guy named Chad.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Alvin Kamara playing DE at the pro bowl? That made me laugh.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We've reached the point where the boy is way more excited about tonight than me.

That said, go pats because i dont want kroenke to win.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I won't even watch the game but I rarely watch the super bowl anyways. I don't have a team I really root for so I don't watch the NFL much. From what I saw in the playoffs I think Pats win by at least 1 TD. They are playing really well and their D will put some pressure on Goff and force some mistakes. jmo

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I was forced to come to small group party.

Still pissed OutKast wasnt asked to do halftime one second after atlanta was announced.

NashVol11 and RockyHill like this.
  18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Nice throw, Tom.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

My neighbors wanted us to come down to a party and I told them no thanks. I just never get excited about the super bowl. I think I have been to like 1 super bowl party ever.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I used to blow the doors off, then I had a kid. I would clean the freezer out, grill tenderloin, duck and goose breast, dove and anything else I shot that year