NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Couple of hot takes that shouldn’t be hot takes:

1. Pats are the best dynasty ever, in any sport, full stop.
    2. Julian Edelman is a legit good athlete with elite quickness. He’s not a product of the system who would be a backup elsewhere as people love to say, and he’s not another Wes Welker. He’s better, IMO. Still not a top-tier receiver by any means, but more athletic than people give him credit for.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Edelman was faking the Rams dbs all night, getting as much as 10 yards of separation. That was an incredible performance.

NashVol11 likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

many of his routes don't have names

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He’s the best in the league at what he does. Keep the chains moving.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

The term "dynasty" specifically applies to a series of different rulers, right? So how could one coach/QB pair be a dynasty?

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He's very good at the sneaky push off. Replay showed a blatant one and the announcer praised him for getting separation.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He's just a really good athlete that they got to steal in the 7th round because he doesn't pass the eye test.

NashVol11 likes this.
  8. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

By reinventing themselves every week, obviously

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The reason #1 is true is because they use guys like point #2. Edelman is a perfect slot WR that could play anywhere, but 31 NFL teams assumed he was too small and slow. Hell, they got 200 or 300 yards rushing from CP. Belichick takes guys that are good at football, not guys that blow away teams in shorts.

10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Belichick should be charged with a crime for getting Kyle Van Noy and a seventh round pick from the Lions for a sixth round pick. Some people are just better at this football thing than others.

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

God I love that place

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Mother[uck fay]er that threw the guy head first into the pavement at the beginning should be in jail.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can't brain damage him any further. It was completely safe.

justingroves likes this.
  14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Meh, he had a hold of the guys leg and was driving him backwards. Maybe a face full of concrete will serve him well.

15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

He went after him.

Lol, no. Go after someone and end up in the cement? Don’t go after people anymore. [uck fay] him

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That was weird. Dude looked like he was trying to hold a football or something. Why did he keep his hands in his belly rather than defend himself or break his fall?

Ah. I now see he had ahold of the guy’s leg. Tiny phone screen.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was defending himself

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Exactly. He is from Boston.

justingroves likes this.
  19. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I hear my Packers swirling with free agent rumors of guys like Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell as the new GM looks to be more aggressive in the market. Yes on Brown, no on Bell, for me.