NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Bills had a chance to cut it to 16 and instead go for two and miss it, leaving it as a 17 point game and essentially killing any shot of coming back.

Wtf?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They pretty much admitted they were just happy to be there kicking all the FGs

3. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Most football coaches, even the good ones, are kind of dumb. They prove it constantly.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

Yeah you can find a bunch of examples of this kind of crap on about all of them

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I kinda get it. You need the 2's anyways. The earlier you try for them the earlier you know if its a 2 or 3 score game.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Naw man you make it a 2 score game with xp. Missing 2 pt conversion means a 3 score game. Not worth the risk

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It's a 3 or (+1) score game the second you miss the 2 whether you're down 17, 10, or 2. I'm just saying where it might be nice to know where you are sooner rather than later. I still take the 1 there, but I understand the thought.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I get it if down 10 or 2 of course late after a td, but not 17.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

Obviously they should’ve just taken the 15-pt conversion. Dumbasses.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He's got that "move him to DE in your Madden franchise mode" speed.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Woke up still angry about secondary, the field goal, and the call.

Unimane likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think the officiating was very fair, relative to the regular season. In the Packers/Bucs game, I mean.

13. CardinalVol

It was PI, yes. Not arguing with that. But when they've grabbed and let the guys go at it all game and then call it then? Just no. That's my problem. Especially when a couple of the PIs would have changed outcome potentially. The AR pick before the half and the 3rd down play in the end zone before the field goal.

IP likes this.
  14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's all nauseating. I don't even want to listen to the talk shows. I've already seen enough "Brady is amazing, clearly the GOAT" stuff, too, from my social media feeds. Three consecutive INTs and the greatest, sure. Luckiest mofo alive. But, I've had the game swirl around in my head for all night and morning. Even the little things, like the easy INT before the half we should've had when the Packers' DB alligator armed it. Adams doing that weird jump out of the end zone for a missed TD early. And on and on. The post mortem is different than the 2014 Seattle loss because this really feels like it's the end of an opportunity. I don't know when we'll get another shot in my lifetime, especially once Rodgers leaves. I remember the 80s. It was not fun.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What makes it even worse is the receiver would have needed to morph into Calvin Johnson to even make the catch without being held.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Rodgers on the 49ers next year is going to be fun.

17. Unimane

I think that might be a year away. The Packers take a massive cap hit if Rodgers leaves this year as opposed to next year.

18. CardinalVol

Possibly. Still think season after next though. Unless he demands out.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t have any idea what the Packers cap situation is or would be with a trade, but I can’t imagine that Shanahan is going to want to toil around with Jimmy G for another year.

I think they’re going to try to upgrade this off-season.

20. Unimane

From what I understand, the Packers would take like a $32 million hit if Rodgers goes somewhere else this off season.