NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It's easy.

8-9 or 9-8 or more likely 8-8-1 just like every other head coach for 20 years.

NashVol11 likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

The reason they have the 29th pick and not a better one is because of another trade. These are the pay day loans of the NFL. Unless you are already a contender, it doesn't make sense.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is no guarantee Hill won't get hurt.

Indy and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Obviously, but do you really think they won’t be able to find a productive WR with Patrick Mahomes? I’d rather have a couple second round WRs making a few million each and improve my defense/run game than give $30M to Hill

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

There is no guarantee any of us will be alive in 3 years. how far do you want to go with this?

6. NashVol11

Yeah but this time it will be 8-8-1 with a lot of buzz, just to spice things up

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

What couple of second round WRs are in the draft this year, that the Dolphins could have gotten with their one second round pick instead of TyReek Hill?

8. NashVol11

I’m talking about the Chiefs, not this new development where all Niner fans are suddenly homers for the Dolphins. From the Miami perspective they already had Waddle as a deep threat for them to waste

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think you are missing my point. I weigh multiple chances on new guys higher than 1 chance on an older guy. Do I think Hill is the key to contending for Miami? I do not. Do I think Miami could contend with enough pieces? I do. Which way has a chance of getting them more pieces? Not trading away all their picks.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Looking at history, especially true for highly drafted WRs.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2020...te-of-first-round-wide-receivers-this-century

But things have kind of swung past couple years. Last year 3 WRs went top 10 and all played really well. But you have the late first round guys like Bateman and Toney where the jury is still out.

2020 had Ruggs, Jeudy, Lamb, Chase, Reagor, and Jefferson all go in the 1st. Higgins and Pittman Jr. went with the first two picks of the 2nd round. Ruggs' career is over and Reagor is probably out of the league in a couple of years, but Lamb and Jefferson have each made a Pro Bowl already, Aiyuk is playing well, Jeudy shows out when he's not hurt, Higgins and Pittman both had 1000 yard seasons last year.

With all that said, I'm still making that trade if I'm the Dolphins. Hill is otherworldly.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Didn't Tyreek have a down year (for him) last year? And how much of his otherworldliness was based on the guy throwing him the rock?

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I am not missing your point. I’m countering it with my own point - that Hill is a game changer and worth a trade of the 29th and 50th picks and in the Dolphins eyes, probably worth the gamble of the other picks, especially when combined with the other moves they’ve made this season.

Ultimately though, none of this matters if Tua can’t take the next step, especially given the players he’s surrounded with. Fortunately for the Dolphins they have two firsts next year that they can use to acquire a QB, in a draft that’s supposed to be better for QBs than this coming one.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He was 75/1183/7 with Alex Smith as his QB in 2017.

Last year he set a career mark for targets and catches. It was his 3 best year for yards (though just 37 yards off his second best season) and scored 9 TDs which is the third most for him in a season.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Interesting.

I had him on a team or two for fantasy last season, and he just didn't feel as good as in the past. Looking at the numbers, I guess 7 games with 0 TD's and under 50 yards will make a player feel that way. Also probably didn't help that 3 of those came in the last 3 weeks of the season, and he only scored a single TD in his last 7 games of the season. In fact, over half of his total TD's for the season came in two games.

Not trying to equate fantasy with actual NFL value/production. Just clarifying why last year probably "felt" down.

15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Hill had the most catches he's ever had in a season - and by 24 catches so it's not like that is solely from the extra game - and 1,200+ yards. The only thing down was his average.

Mahomes had the 5th lowest air yards/attempt in the league. KC had 4 guys in the top 21 in YAC - Kelce (7th), Hardman (9th), Hill (17th) and D. Williams (21st). In the playoffs, they had 4 in the top 12 - McKinnon (2nd), Kelce (5th), Hill (6th), and Hardman (12th).

Obviously the guy getting the ball to them is a huge factor with smart throws and getting it to open guys so they have the opportunity for YAC, but it's not like that otherworldly bump is a one-way street.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How much consideration do you think should be given to consistent, game after game performance vs a number of huge games running up totals, when deciding how valuable a WR is?

Not really saying anything about Hill specifically, just asking the question. A guy could go for 200 yards and 3 TD’s in a game, then disappear for the next two games and still look like he had a productive 3 games, based on his averages.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don’t know what style offense Miami runs. Trade depends on if the OC and qb can get him the ball, and does he have a threat out wide and at TE to prevent double teams.
    Personally I’d make the trade and throw to him like he’s cooper kupp, moving him all over and picking the mismatch, like 15 times a game

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I can’t say that I would look to how the 49ers used Deebo for ideas on how the Dolphins might use Hill because that’s apparently a homer thing to do.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He missed a few games last year, I believe. He's got speed and quickness that are otherworldly, he's taken a few 8 yard completions to the house. I don't think it matters who is throwing him the ball

NashVol11 likes this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it's a stupid trade for the Dolphins because they aren't very good but a contender doing this would be a good deal.

NorrisAlan likes this.