NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

2. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

What makes it even funnier is he’s so bad he’s making Willis look good, so now some people easing back on that train even after that disaster last year.

justingroves likes this.
  3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Honestly this is probably somewhat to be expected with a 2nd year guy vs a rookie but it’s not like malik willis is some budding star either

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Best case scenario for the Titans is they carry (hide) him on the roster this year, Tannehill stays injury free (yeah right), they have a good season and maybe trade him for a 3rd or 4th round pick in the off-season.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The best part of that is the Oilers fans justifying it in the comments.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Rumors have them wearing throwback Oilers uniforms when the Texans come to town. That's pro level heel right there.

justingroves likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Willis ain’t it

8. Volsdude

Best case scenario is Tannehill gets hurt and we go 1-15

9. Volsdude

Mike Vrabel with good QB play is an exciting thought

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

justingroves likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Willis needed at least a year before ever seeing a meaningful snap, he out athleted everyone at Liberty. He may still suck this year but he should be a lot better.

We all know what Levis is

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I mean Malik Willis is just better. Not saying much there, but he just is.

I’m pretending we totally wasted a draft pick again like we did with the UGA OT and Kevin Dodd and will cut him in due time. I refuse to believe it ever gets to the point that we actually trot him out to start a regular season game. Or that if we do make him the starter eventually it will only help lead us to drafting the next Patrick Mahomes eventually down the road.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's why I say hide him away as best you can and hope you can trade him for a draft pick next year. They ain't getting a 2 back, but maybe something, anything.

14. Volsdude

Practice reports always go like this but what matters to me is when the live bullets are flying and both of these dudes have been awful in those situations. That being said, Downing did Willis 0 favors running on 1st and 2nd down and then 3rd and 7 letting the defense tee off on him behind that atrocious line. I don’t think he’s an answer, but he should be better with some better playcalling.

I think Levi’s is the starter next year unless he really stinks it up all year in practice.

NashVol11 likes this.
  15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea don’t get me wrong, Willis looked like shit last year. But in his defense whenever he was forced into action he literally didn’t have a singular NFL quality receiver to target down field. Robinson and Downing did their absolute best they possibly could to put in a position to fully fail. Before I forever cast him into the fandom abyss and totally write him off, I wanna see him fully fail with a real NFL quality cast around him and a coach calling plays that isn’t the worst in the league at his job first.

Because every practice report I’ve seen Levi’s does well just to execute a clean under center snap. Forget about progressions and decision making. He can’t even function doing the basics now apparently

16. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I think there are a handful of OC’s who could get pretty decent production out of Willis if there top half of league talent around him.

The talent isn’t really there and not sure the OC is either.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Game moved too fast for him at Auburn so he’d tuck and run. Did same thing last year. He looked good at Liberty but probably seldom played vs nfl defenders as he did at Auburn

NashVol11 likes this.
  18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

He tucked and ran some.

Problem was unlike a young QB who could not ultimately play like Vince Young that had legit success early on simply scrambling, Malik didn't ever run very far when he tucked it. I believe his longest scramble last year was like for 9 yards. Most of Willis's scrambles was running around a collapsing pocket like a chicken with its head cut off before ultimately taking a drive crippling sack. I don't even necessarily blame him because his line was softer than hot butter last year. But he didn't exactly show to me that he could scramble effectively like the young McNair's, McNabb's, and Vick's of the world could early on in their development. He's still better than Levi's though

19. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I get that everyone hates Levis but I wouldn't assume that Willis is better than really anyone at this point. We signed a guy off the street that we didn't care to re-sign and started HIM over Willis

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Hey, if it were up to me I woulda taken Dobbs over both Willis and Levi’s.