NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t really think it matters.

justingroves likes this.
  2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I’ll agree that having different OT rules for the playoffs vs the regular season is pretty dumb. But I also think giving both teams a chance at the ball in over time is really dumb.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think they ought to make the OT rules the regular season rules.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

What are "playoff OT drills"? Is it like the 2-minute drill or something? You'd just run plays, right? I mean, it's more about tactical decisions, I would think. Do you take the ball first? Do you go for it in certain situations? Etc.

IP likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Right. That’s why I don’t think the players not knowing the rules is a big deal, especially since this was the first time they ever used the new rules. Maybe you could argue if the coaches aren’t talking about the details for this, then what other details are they not paying attention to?

But Shannan clearly had a plan and strategy on how to handle it. It just didn’t work out, because Mahomes.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I couldn't stand Kelce eight years ago

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Probably at least setting up a simulated scenario so that both offense and defense were ready and well versed with whatever situation arose. Better than just not ever mentioning it, imo. Kind of the coach's job to have his team ready for these kind of situations.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Saw that during playoffs the Chiefs would have a once a week meeting where they would review playoff OT rules and go over their game plan. They did it twice going into the SB.

My guess is the preseason practice was a session they went over the rules and what the basic strategy would be if they needed it.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I bet they would have kicked off if they won, so they got what they wanted no matter what. I would want the ball second.

13. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I feel like they should have run the overtime plays in the first half

IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'm a big fan of running a 2-minute offense for 60 minutes.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

NFL courted the Swifties; be careful what you wish for...

SetVol13, IP and justingroves like this.
  16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

If we only had the Twitters when JFK was boffing Marilyn (allegedly).

I just have chuckle at all this drama.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The 19th Amendment was a mistake.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

The swifties are like a churning sea. The ocean is dangerous.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’m sure women hate big dominant athletic rich men that have some ass kicker mentality to them.

Taylor should definitely run away

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Made me smile...

Chiefs HC Andy Reid explains his celebratory tackle of Chris Jones after Super Bowl LVIII

“I was so happy for him (Chris Jones),” Reid explained. “I kind of had been riding him a little bit. We needed him in there, and he was spent; he was tired, but he sucked it up, and he got out there, and he pushed himself probably further than he thought he could push himself.

“He took himself to that state, that wrestling state where you got to really reach down in there and kind of get through that evil thing that is kicking your butt internally. He did that, and I was so proud of him for that.”

NashVol11 and InVolNerable like this.