NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Titans signing Tony Pollard is some peak dumb Titans shit.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Got some bad news for you

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

why? Dude is a beast

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Not as dumb as giving Kirk Cousins a billion dollars a year for 4 years

NashVol11 and emainvol like this.
  5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

He managed the 27th best ypc number in the league last year on one of the best offenses with one of the best OLs. He was a beast two years ago when he wasn’t the guy, then he was pretty mediocre when he was the guy last year

This and the Titans have someone similar with significantly more upside who is also significantly cheaper

justingroves likes this.
  6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It’s not as bad as the Jags giving Gabe Davis, who has done exactly [penis] aside from about 4 good games, 39mil over 3 years.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

pssshhhhftt

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It’s at least a good fit though

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t know what they were supposed to do instead. Last season they were a decent QB away from competing for the division and they weren’t going to do it next season with any other FA QB available.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Ugh, word I had heard was they were restructuring Jones contract and the young WRs having rookie contracts gave them leeway to pay for both RBs. I prefer Jones to Jacobs.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Well, they probably should have signed Lamar last year. But I can understand the hesitation, Cousins ain’t young and is coming off an Achilles tear. If it works no one will care though

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He’s better than most but still not gonna win anything. There’s been a bunch of guys like that get big contracts. I understand it. It’s a tough place to be because the alternative is hope you hit on a draft pick, and even if you do it probably takes a couple of years

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Packers signing Xavier McKinney. Hell [uck fay]ing yeah.

15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

He's 1-4 in the playoffs, and 12-20 in regular season prime time games. He's not going to be doing anything of note.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Both of which are vast improvements for the Atlanta Falcons qb position post-Matt Ryan

NashVol11 and The Dooz like this.
  17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

So Titans have made two good signings and one bad one today. So, that’s improvement over the previous regime

justingroves likes this.
  18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Oh, I totally agree they should have taken a run at Lamar. They didn’t though, and so here there are giving Cousins a bunch of money instead, which was really their only option for FA this year.

emainvol likes this.
  19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They can win the division with him. They have a lot of offensive talent and Cousins is good enough to get them the ball. Beyond that, gonna need some breaks to go their way.

NashVol11 likes this.
  20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Speaking of the NFC South

I feel like there is a Panthers fan around here somewhere. If I am right, whoever you are, I’m deeply sorry

justingroves likes this.