No More Excuses - Get Him the **** Out of Here

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, Oct 29, 2016.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Name Blackburn AD and I'll buy into this. If we promote Gilbert, get ready for more Butch.

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I hate college football right now

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've had a few people along the way say Blackburn, if Butch would be willing to listen to him, would be the best thing in the world for Butch.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Blackburn give good directions back to Cincinnati?

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"Your pressers will now be 10 minutes long, max. You will hire a competent OC and stfu about the offense. You will schmooze the donors and you will sell UT to 17 year old young men looking for a place to use their talents. And you will give me that list in your back pocket so I can burn it."

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Same.

7. CardinalVol

Nope, but he knows what it takes to win and would try to help Butch go in that direction.

The general take I get from most around him and the program is that if he would just be the CEO and quit trying to be the CEO and COO that he could win here, and win big. He can do what it takes from the big picture aspect, his operations stuff is what is terrible.

I'm convinced part of Butch's problem is that his boss is a self-serving idiot who only wants to save face with Butch and has zero friggin' idea how to help him.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Dude is a terrible coach, lies to recruits, lies to the media/fans, and doesn't have a great track record in regards to player attrition. Not a damn thing is going to change his in-game decision making, which is pathetic. If Blackburn considers telling Butch anything other than to get the hell out of Knoxville, then he's likely not the right person for the job and can get ****ed right along with Butch.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I agree, and would only add his perpetually self-serving practice of hiring buddies to his staff, while ignoring dozens of easily attainable and infinitely superior coaches, instead. It's only the AD transition which gave him the gift of next season's wasted season.

I want someone to help and save Tennessee, and ridding us of Butch Jones is unquestionably Step 1 in that process.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We lost the South Carolina game because our players are student athletes. I guess they don't have to worry about classes in Columbia.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Step Zero, according to Butch accounting.

12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think this is an area a good AD could help him with, although I think we're past the event horizon on that now.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I would buy this more if a Blackburn type had gotten here 2 years ago. From the way it looks Jones will be passed some big decisions before Blackburn ever gets here going into a year where 8-4 may get him fired by the same guy.

15. Beechervol

This hits on it too.

16. CardinalVol

That's fair. Just passing what I've heard from people aroudn the program and former players, either directly or indirectly.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I agree, the ship has sailed.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don't know. Even Hamilton had to give in and fire Fulmer and this guy doesn't have one tenth the equity built up that Fulmer did.

19. Beechervol

I agree with what you said in regards to his impact if Jones did play along. I just think he is getting a good AD a little too late. Unless he finds a 9 or 10 win regular season and or a division title.

20. Beechervol

Yep. His equity is I have a better record than Dooley.