Notre Dame Cathedral on fire.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by A-Smith, Apr 15, 2019.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Makes sense.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wow, hard to imagine how something like this could happen.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

in the filming of the 1920's version of Noah's ark, they flooded the set with thousands of gallons for the action sequence. it killed a couple actors and several more suffered broken bones. water has a lot of force when free falling, not in droplets.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Tenacious D and IP like this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

WOW!

I mean, WOW!

I hope this isn't some false report.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I've heard Hitler ordered all the main historic landmarks to be razed as the Germans withdrew but a general disobeyed orders.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I know he ordered some historic bridges blown up to impede Allied tanks and some of those orders weren't followed.

A-Smith likes this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's really old and wide open. There's no fire stops or sprinklers. I don't know how the hell you stop it once it sets in

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

but if it was related to the construction work...

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What immediately comes to mind is either electrical getting hit or cut or sparks from welding/grinding.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Ever try to carry a 5 gallon bucket of water a long way? It ain't light at all.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

yep, had to carry buckets of water out to water the hounds as a kid. Dog town was usually not too far, but it took a few minutes to get to. I would put about 3 gallons in each bucket to balance the load.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just drink it and then urinate when you reach your destination.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sounds like almost total destruction. Like the outside walls are about all that will be left.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And the conspiracy theories are already up and running. Apparently there have been a few historic French churches go up in flames the last couple of months. The timing on this one sure seems a little suspicious.

IP likes this.
  16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If all the stuff got out, that will really fuel them.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

All the stuff could not be taken out unless they blew the roof off and airlifted it out. Countless priceless artifacts are gone forever. People may have gotten in and saved some little finger bones of saints, but there's a lot of stuff in ashes that can never ever be replaced.

IP likes this.
  18. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Goodness

C04F148B-4E8E-482C-BFB3-628E0B6083CE.jpeg

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Good thing they didnt dump water on it. Woulda caused water damage.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i have a buddy who does that type of work and tells me it has to be arson basically and that they'd surely have a spotter just to look for potential fires when doing that type of work and that the fire spread too quickly for that type of fire.