Obama to ensure overtime for all

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by droski, May 17, 2016.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I can see the need for this. There's always a boss that will take advantage of employees

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ah. Just gets old how the slightest hyperbole on my part is treated like perjury.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Skynet is its own overlord.

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

And there are plenty of business owners, CEOs and, admins in big or small business that do do this, and do it consistently. But there are enough that have no desire to really commit to finding ways to making their workforce more productive and keep them from being devoured by their work to say that regulation doesn't solve anything.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

seems like those companies wouldn't be very competitive long term.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

4 is also utter nonsense.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there is some shit they do that if they stopped doing would help things. i'm not sure we are willing to go nuclear to get that done though.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I know Arnold promised a lot of things of that variety here in California, but once he got elected he figured out how to be a politician very quickly

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

NBC just did a report on this calling these jobs "white collar" jobs. I don't know how I feel about calling these jobs white collar.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

We want fewer salaried jobs, let's do it.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't ruin it. His response was perfect. He just can't fathom that there is nothing terribly special about the person at the top. He still assumed they'd be there.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yeah it's all luck and birthright.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Anyway the guys at cyberdyne were clearly making good money. Dyson had like a $4 mil home in la

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

This is the kind of stupidity that makes you you.

15. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

You make it sound so easy, but you know it's not that way. Hell, they were handing out bonuses like candy when the government was bailing their broke asses out a few years ago. Corporations in general get so many tax breaks, but don't want to reinvest in their hard working employees, that were losing their collective asses during that same time frame. I believe that you invest in people, and they will invest themselves back into your company, but that sentiment isn't one that's universally shared these days.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Who is their?

Corporations and tax breaks is silly.

17. g8terh8ter_eric

The people who were going broke and losing everything during the bailouts, and yet the companies who fired them were getting billions because of bad decisions, and the CEOs responsible for those bad decisions got bonuses instead of a pink slip. It was pretty shitty.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

You're talking about 20 companies. They canned the guys that lost the money and paid the guys they wanted to retain going forward. I can assure you the bonuses were down and the CEOs got hammered. The bailouts were excessive, but necessary.

Let's not forget the part the fed played in tanking the market. They clearly ceased all lending and cratered real estate values.

19. g8terh8ter_eric

Yes they did, you won't get an argument from me there. The bailouts and the fallout greatly effected more than just 20 companies though. Whether or not the bonuses were down or not, the fact they got them after being bailed out was ridiculous.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Umm most of those guys, in particular the CEO's, got fired. And said companies paid back those loans in full with high interest. Best return on investment made by the govt in American history.