Olympics Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Jul 27, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

When it comes to the DGS, something is better than nothing.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Another slight hint? I do believe so.
    [​IMG]

3. kidbourbon

Very slight. But, again, even a dash of DGS is worth something in my book.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That chick is straight smiling. Her cheeks are even making her lower eyelids puff out. Going to have to keep searching for a smirk.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

My god, she's teasing us.

6. InVolNerable

Does this constitute a DGS:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Only if DGS is also some euphemism for delivering a baby.

8. kidbourbon

No, it does not. And there goes that substantial movement I had working for me.

When in doubt on a question of dirtygirlsmirkitude, just google image search Emma Watson. The girl is literally incapable of removing her DGS. Methinks it's part of her appeal. Let Emma be your guide.

[​IMG]

Dirty. Girl. Smirk.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Women's volleyball delivering a colossal choke job in the gold medal match. #1 ranked in the world, only undefeated team in the Olympics thus far, won the first set and now are getting ass raped by Brazil. Although, to be fair, I'm not sure I would be too opposed to some of these Brazilian players ass raping me.

10. Unimane

4 x 100 coming up. I think we have a shot at winning, if we can get a decent lead in the first two legs and clean hand offs. Blake and Bolt on the end of the relay for Jamaica is fairly imposing, though.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What channel is the volleyball match on? Nevermind, just saw the medalcast

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

#4 for France is a HOSS

13. Unimane

Spoiler alert!!

Wow.....USA matches the world record in the 4 x 100......unfortunately, Jamaica beats it. Silver again and Bolt adds to his legend.

Amazing race, though. The USA ran fantastic and were even with Jamaica on the last leg and Bolt pulled ahead at the end. Tyson Gay ran a great third leg and stayed even with Yohan Blake. Ryan Bailey remained level with Bolt for about 20-25 meters, but couldn't match him at the end. Fantastic relay, no botched hand offs and very, very fast. Sucks that USA had to have their best relay team in a while during the peak of Jamaican sprinting.

14. Unimane

Funniest thing. Bolt wanted to keep the baton, but Olympic officials say he has to give it back. Bolt, "You mean you only use one?" and "I want to keep it for my personal [collection]." No moving the officials. Canada got DQed, losing their bronze and they were in mid-celebration with the flags, the whole bit. Pretty sad to watch their devastation.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why were they DQed?

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Using Maple syrup as a performance enhancer

17. InVolNerable

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bet he feels like poop.

19. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Trey Hardee stepped on the lane line during the decathlon 400m. Glad he didn't get DQ'd. In general, I'm not sure how much of a competitive advantage is gained by stepping on/over the line as long as the progress of other runners isn't impeded. Seems a bit draconian to me.

20. Unimane

Welcome to big time track. I was coaching my high school's track team and this woman from one of the private schools saw a miler step over the inside lane twice while getting knocked around. She asked me if she should report it and I said it's no big deal. The look she gave me was as much a look of disgust as I have ever received from my wife.