Olympics Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I ****ing hate Juan Carlos Navarro. He does shit all tournament and then he plays insane against us.

2. Unimane

Spain plays like shit the entire tournament and then we play phantom defense and they look like the Spain of 2008. Play some ****ing defense!!

3. Unimane

So, am I the only one who watched this game? I hope not, very intense, great game.

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I caught most of the fourth quarter. What was the deal with leaving Melo in for 3 or 4 possessions after he landed on someone at the end? If only coaches can call timeouts when the ball is in play, then call the timeout. Gave up four points and possession.

It was fun to watch Chris Paul, etc. close it out with under three minutes. I could get used to that kind of clock management at the end of games.

5. Unimane

Still surprised there's not as much chatter about this game. I guess, like the 2008 final, I was one of the lucky few to get treated to some intense, amazing basketball.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I watched most of it. It was a good game. It was the only Olympic BB game I watched.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I loved how frustrated Spain was in the 4th. Suck it.

8. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I watched most of the game and most of Spain's other games. I don't think it was so much Spain playing like garbage the previous games as it was them playing extremely vanilla so as to not have the US prepared for everything.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

36.84. Daaayyum.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm not seeing it

[​IMG]

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just wanted to say how proud and appreciative I am at Team USA's overall performance. We're still the athletic powerhouse in this world. North Korea's wet dream.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I am, too, and I don't even care about the vast majority of Olympic events (at least on an individual basis).