Olympics Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Jul 27, 2012.

1. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Agree. Incredible. Was confusing with 0:00 on the clock, thought the guy was just going nuts. but the bell hadnt rung.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think the ****ing Chinese are cheating again. Some 16 year old won the 400IM by having the same finishing leg time as Ryan Lochte, which is ridiculous.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

She seemed to be skimming across the top of the water on her final 2 legs.

4. Unimane

The Chinese were cheating like hell in swimming during the 90s before they were caught. I guess they figured out something new. Smells like EPO to me.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

They can cheat in plain sight - 4 years ago their women's gymnastic team was made up of 10 year old girls. The IOC did nothing.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Unimane sounds like Pat Buchanon. Very unbecoming. And very un-Uni.

The times, they are a-changin'

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

By 845 on a Sunday morning i have already watched second half of Brazil Australia basketball and Men's beach volleyball. I think i am addicted.

8. CardinalVol

The Kim Rhodes lady just dominated Skeet shooting. Wow that was impressive.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm convinced that I could compete in Handball.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Abby Wambach tangles with Colombian player, gets punched

Abby Wambach had a memorable day in Glasgow, Scotland on Saturday for multiple reasons. Not only did Wambach become the leading goal-scorer at the Olympics in US women's national team history, but she also ended up punched in the eye after tangling with one of her opponents.

Abby Wambach tangles with Colombian player, gets punched (Video) - Yardbarker

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

If you aren't cheating in the Olympics, you aren't trying.

14. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I was gonna get mad, but then I thought of BALCO.

15. Unimane

I just love the idea that we have an event called skeet shooting. Check your urban dictionary for the meaning on that one.

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

How is Lil' Jon not in the medals? Huge upset.

17. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Oh, great. Michelle The Beagle is here to make NBC's coverage even more pathetic.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

North Korea’s Om Yun Chol sets Olympic record by lifting three times his body weight

Whether it's high jumpers leaping nearly two feet more than their own height or sprinters running 100 meters in less than 10 seconds, there are some Olympic feats so remarkable they seem to defy basic common sense.

North Korea's Om Yun Chol pulled off another of those Sunday.

Om, who stands just 5 feet tall and weighs only 123 pounds, set an Olympic record in the men's 56-kilogram category when he cleared 168 kilograms (370.4 pounds) in the clean and jerk.

North Korea

19. CardinalVol

Donahue finishes 7th in the 100 butterfly. Not top 3 but good to see a Knoxville area athlete do well.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Good story here on Coach K

Mike Vaccaro: Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski and Great Britain player, and former Duke Blue Devils star under Coach K, have special loyalty to their Olympic teams - NYPOST.com