POLITICS Origins of Racism, Sexism, Other “isms”?

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jul 10, 2018.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It’s not a definition, so it’s invalid. It’s at best a desire, in practice a philosophy.

But not a definition.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

To you, perhaps.

Luckily, you’re not the arbiter of what I consider to be a definition, nor do I require your validation.

Simple.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

There have been disagreements about definitions on here many times, but this may be the first time we have seen a disagreement on what constitutes a definition.

4. fl0at_

You cannot define racism, and yet that is a sticking point on what will get someone banned around here. Further, one of the points oft repeated is that we all have to be in agreement. Yet you can't define it, so how can you be in agreement?

So yes, here, I am an arbiter of what you consider the definition to be, as you have brought me into that discussion.

And if your answer is still, "Everyone should be treated equally and fairly, without regard to race, sex, religious belief, orientation, etc. " then everyone must be banned, as we have banned people, when our single most contributing member can't define the word.

Or you're bullshitting, again. Here, or there. Or just everywhere.

But here is the rub. You don't lie often enough for this to be like Trump where you can just move on to the next one.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Good lord that team was terrible.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This is not a smart point. Border collies are the smartest dog, but I can find a Lab that is smarter than many, even most, border collies. Clearly we are talking about the population not individuals. One can use stats to prove that the average African American is faster than the population average. Being able to come up with exceptional individuals proves nothing.

That Randy Moss played for Marshall does not change the fact that P5 schools produce better NFL talent than non-P5. Your logic on this is VN recruiting board level circa 2010.

RockyHill likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Randy Moss was kicked out of two P5 schools before finishing at Marshall

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Ok. Jerry Rice then. Tony Romo. A host of others.

9. fl0at_

When you define the group “African American” as anyone black, even if not American, or African... you’ve skewed your population that you’re measuring.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

The not smart point is equating "race" with dog breeds. On what basis do you do this? How is a race like a dog breed? Think about the massive differences in physical parameters between a collie, a lab, a great dane, a chihuahua, a wolf... That kind of disparity doesn't exist in humans. The healthy human brain doesn't range in size from a large walnut to a grapefruit.

What I'm telling you is that the differences between any two races is not the difference between P5 and non-P5. Your logic on this is akin to 1930's Germany. Look it up.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not sure they ever caught on to the point that "black" is a grouping came up by Europeans that has no real genotypic, geographic, or any other meaning other than "people darker skinned than me."

12. fl0at_

Since we’re on sports, and Stanford is P5, what race is Tiger Woods?

If ancestrally he has a higher percentage of Asian, is he still “the black race?”

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who's fatter, people from tennessee or minnesota? Let's make health insurance adjustments based on that.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

We pay more car insurance if we are shitty drivers

15. fl0at_

Measurable, though. If you have an accident or get a speeding ticket.

What's the biggest hit to your health insurance, the time you got the stomach flu, or the time you thought you were having a heart attack?

16. fl0at_

But there are a lot of people that think health insurance should be based on things, they just happen to be pre-existing conditions. But "fat" isn't a pre-existing condition. It just leads to them.

17. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I know you get it and we don’t have to go down this rabbit hole, but once insurance is not based on things, it ceases to be insurance.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wonder who is smarter, people over 6 ft tall or under 6 ft tall?

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Over, of course.

kmf600 likes this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Well, he was drafted in the first round by the blacks in the racial draft

fl0at_ and Indy like this.