Our Record....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Duckman, Oct 20, 2014.

?

Where will we finish?

1. 8-4

3.3%
  2. 7-5

5.0%
  3. 6-6

23.3%
  4. 5-7

51.7%
  5. 4-8

15.0%
  6. 3-9

1.7%
  1. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

from this point forward. How does everyone think we finish? Anyone on here think we still have any reasonable shot at a bowl game?

vs. Alabama
    @ South Carolina
    vs. Kentucky
    vs. Missouri
    @ Vanderbilt

I see the S. Carolina game dictating how the rest of the season unfolds. I haven't lost faith in Butch yet, but it's going to be worrisome if the team regresses again.

2. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

No bowl. 5-7.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Leaning here, although I still don't think 6-6 is off the table

4. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Vandy is the only sure win left on the schedule. I'm going with 4-8.

5. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

All depends on how many cummulative hits Worley has to take and how many interceptions he decides to throw during the remaining games.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

With the crap show I've seen the past few weeks, I'm going with 5-7 max

7. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Edit:

Added a poll for fun.

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

9. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

I want to believe. But I think the Gumps will seriously injure Worley. We'll have Peterman for the rest of the year. Even if SC is mailing it in, I don't see us doing anything.

10. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Minimum 5-7. Anything less and Butch will have to fire someone.

11. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

5-7.

OL has not improved enough, in my view, for us to even dream of giving USC or Mizzou a legitimate game. I think we get by Vandy and Kentucky. Just enough to get 5-7 and have Jones trumpet this like it's a sign of improvement and progress.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

based on the regression the last three weeks, 4-8, possibly 3-9. Vandy/UT may be a mail it in game, although #checkervandy may pull us through.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Just... Pretty much every team left on the sked with exception of bama is capable of dropping a big steamy turd.

14. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

That didn't matter at all for the Florida game.

15. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Kentucky has begun looking like a very loseable game the past few weeks. JMO.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah, but this will be on the road. Think how much more motivation that will give the guys.

17. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Kentucky got worked by LSU.

Kentucky also has this gauntlet of a schedule leading to Tennessee:

Miss State
    Mizzou
    Georgia
    Tennessee

Kentucky will probably be 5-5 or 6-4 at best by the time our game rolls around.

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm sorry but I have to be the voice of reason here. We will not win another football game the rest of this season. We will not make a bowl game. We will be considered one of the crappiest teams in the Southeastern Conference this year.

19. cpninja

cpninja Member

I still think 6 wins is possible, but that's because the rest of our opponents(aside from Bama) are still very, very mediocre.

I don't feel like 6 wins is what we're gonna get(heck, I'd love to get to 5 with the way we've looked for the past few weeks...), but I guess I still want to believe in the staff since we're stuck with them for now

20. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

Not looking forward to facing them if we're 3-7 and they're 5-6 looking for a win for a bowl.