Our Record....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Duckman, Oct 20, 2014.

?

Where will we finish?

1. 8-4

3.3%
  2. 7-5

5.0%
  3. 6-6

23.3%
  4. 5-7

51.7%
  5. 4-8

15.0%
  6. 3-9

1.7%
  1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Them playing at home and revenge for last year don't help the cause.

2. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

It did not help Dooley. It sunk public opinion to rock bottom. The AD wasn't prepared to make a hire at that time and no one gets fired after year 2. In my opinion, that loss put Dooley in a situation where had to really show improvement in Year 3 or 2, whatever it was on his dumbass time clock.

But, if Butch loses to KY and it could happen, he will have a similar type of pressure from the fans and media. I just think we have to go backwards in year 3 (lose to both ky and vandy, lose 8 or 9) for it to even be a possibility that Butch gets fired. I think there is a 95% likelihood that without a scandal, Butch gets at least 4, maybe 5 years. The argument will be stability. Our best best is for him to start coaching with desperation.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Barring a Petrino-esque personal scandal, severe 'AA problems that he is directly implicated in, back-to-back 3-win seasons, he takes another job, announces retirement, or he dies - Butch Jones is here for 5 years, absolute minimum.

And he's coaching like it.

4. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i've searched several rambo quotes and the best i can up with is this, maybe jqk can paralay it into a pick-up line.

"i could have killed em all, i could kill you. in town you're the law, out here it's me. don't push it, don't push it or i'll give you a war you won't believe. let it go. let it go."

however, i am almost certain nyy has used this as a pick-up line before.

"mission... accomplished. you know there's more men out there and you know where they are. find 'em. or i'll find you."

5. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Coach Lyle made a quote last spring, and like you said he is coaching with absolutely no sense of urgency to win now: 'We're Still Years Away from Being Where We Need to Be'.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

In other words, Butch still has 3.5 years on his contract.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's got 1 year left before the seat gets blown up

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Why are you pushing me?

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

So you're suggesting breaking in to the football offices and staging NYY in compromising positions for series of photographs in Botch's office and then leaking those photos to Yahoo Sports?

10. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I lost complete faith in Dooley in midseason of 2011 when he botched the game against Georgia. The Ky game only solidified my initial skepticism. The Fla loss was bad this year, but I still haven't had the same feelings toward Butch.....at least not yet. If we don't show some sort of improvement in year 3 I will start wondering, though.

11. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

We obviously lose to Bama 3-5

We beat South Carolina 4-5

We beat Kentucky 5-5

We lose to Mizzou 5-6

We beat Vanderbilt 6-6

Or we could go 5-7. This makes me sad.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Really, it comes down to South Carolina. We beat them, 7 is possible. We lose to them, 4 is possible.

13. kidbourbon

It's way better than Starkville. You can't even buy alcohol in Starkville.

14. kidbourbon

Nice

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think we could lose to SC and still beat Mizzou.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I dunno, that would be quite a losing streak (Chatt doesn't count)