Percent chance we get Gruden?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Been meaning to ask, whats the story behind this pic?

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Wheres Float and TT?

IP likes this.
  3. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

I was there 95-99. Walked the right goalpost to oci after pandemonium. Glorious time.

justingroves likes this.
  4. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

What's happened to discourage you?

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I was in Neyland...

When Bo had his ass handed to him until he took himself out of the game in '85

When Dale Carter returned that second half kickoff back for a TD, and started the rout of Florida.

In '85 when we beat Vandy to clinch the SEC & earn a trip to the Sugar Bowl....and there were so many people who were throwing so many sugar cubes that it looked like snow piled up on the sidelines.

In '98 when the UF kick sailed wide left. I was in the upper deck and almost directly in line with the goalposts, so we couldn't tell if it was wide or good. I do remember there was a fraction of a moment where the place went dead silent - maybe 1/2 a heartbeat - before a small strip of fans just to the left of the left upright went crazy, and it absolutely erupted, and pandemonium reigned. I don't remember taking a single step from my seat in the upper deck down to the field. I just ran off and left the guys I was there with, and my only ride home. I remember the bedlam of joy on that field, the goalposts being snapped & paraded around, but how happy everyone was. The UF band was forced to sit in their seats until the situation cleared, and at one point, they tried to strike up their fight song / alma mater....and without either prompting or any directive from anyone, watching every person on that field turn toward them en masse, and begin to sing Rocky Top as one full-throated jubilee - without a single note of music being played, and perfect in both pitch and time. And about two sentences in, watching the UF band just quit playing their own song, one by one. I hope it still gives them nightmares, and their hatred for us remains white hot to this day.

I was there in '98 for the Arkansas game - and seated immediately adjacent to the Arkansas section - as their fans hurled insults at us while the Razorbacks whipped our asses and were ruining our season in our own house. But I was also there when Stoerner lost the football, and TN proceeded to shove it down their throats to win the game and preserve the undefeated season. If I was ever going to get into a fist fight at Neyland, that would've been the day, as I was fully prepared to make several of then just whip my monkey ass. And they would have, but that'd have been ok.

If God will not allow me to relive these moments in heaven, then I'm not at all certain what heaven is actually for.

I so badly want these moments for you, for my own daughter and sons, and for everyone. Hopefully, it won't be long now, and again.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Don't get those nerds started.

7. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Idiocy or low self worth lol

utvol0427 likes this.
  8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Back up from the low number of 99.7%

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

What a great picture.

10. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I cut myself

11. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Not surprised

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Avast,ye mateys! Hooker with a twit.

13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

LOL

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

perfect picture. Everybody looking different direction, panic in a couple faces, one guy just down, and the one guy who at that time did not give a single uck

15. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

God how glorious those times were, and sorely missed.

Tenacious D likes this.
  16. Calculon

Calculon Member

I think that sentiment is enough to root for a good hire from even the most dispassionate and neutral observer. Those are the things that make college football great.

Tenacious D likes this.
  17. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

Teared up reading this.

A-Smith likes this.
  18. TurtleTiz

TurtleTiz Member

Section K Row 42. I was there.

Tenacious D likes this.
  19. TurtleTiz

TurtleTiz Member

Those were good times.