Pet Peeves...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by wildnkrazykat, May 13, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i can't quite figure out exactly where she's coming from or i already would. my wife of course thinks i shouldn't say anything.

2. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Flip her off

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Government workers in general. No need to limit it to a specific state.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

done and done, but she continues to do it. she's lucky i'm a peaceful guy. plenty of people would follow her and try to pick a fight after shit like that.

5. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i second this.

if she were the only one behind me, i'd just sit there then stick my head out the window stare at her and smile.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my next move was going to not go at all until the light was red and force her to run it completely. beverly hills cop style

7. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

People who do not understand the concept of using a roundabout.

8. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i could hear the theme music as i read this.

pay a hoemless person to show up at the light every morning to thoroughly clean her windshield with dirty water right before/after the light changes.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ha ha

10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

This. My sons school entrance has one and everyday I end up shaking my head in disbelief at how many people have no clue what to do.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When people want favors done with my equipment.

A family member I rarely speak to calls, his creek had washed out the road leading to the back 35 acres of his property. I need you to fix it he says. Okay, I'll come fix it. As I finish, he proceeds to tell me he's selling this back lot for a lot of profit. He never offered to pay a dime, not even pay for the gas.

Okay, I've pulled my machine off a job on a weekday to come help you out and you're using me to make money.

Another example, a guy I do a lot of work for has a brother that needs a small project done. It will take an hour. I've tried doing it twice the past 3 weeks and he's had a reason why I couldn't do it. Now, today, that guy calls me raising hell wanting to know when I am coming to take care of it. That really pisses me off.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've got a family member, hell he's 19 now, that has a peanut allergy. I feel really bad for him because it sucks. That being said, at the age of 5 he was able to say no thanks I'm allergic when offered things containing peanuts. He and his mom were able to go over what he could and couldn't have and he dealt with it.

13. GahLee

I've experienced similar when I did construction. Get in tight with a GC and then he tries to bend you over backwards with "favors" on every site, all along he's telling you about upcoming projects to ensure you do his "favor".

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm a gc and I don't do that shit. I've lost jobs over telling people to get ****ed when they start that shit with me.

I've got a few subs where we'll swap work on each other's personal homes, but making money is a different ball game. Everybody needs to be happy.

15. GahLee

Had one GC that always needed extra work done that was out of our field and expected us to do it. Can't recall how many times I was asked to not only put up but provide a moisture barrier (Tyvek) for a job.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tyvek isn't cheap either

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Some are so allergic that just being in the same room as someone eating peanut product will set them off. Why we let those poor individuals dictate how entire schools are ran I can't say, but that is the scale of the allergy some have.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The bubble children.

19. GahLee

Nope.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

whoa