Peyton Gets the TD Record

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Oct 19, 2014.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'd argue Bradshaw and Broadway Joe are still pretty well regarded.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I meant during peyton's playing career, but I see where you could get that from my post.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Decker's worst season with Manning produced more yardage than all the games he has played without him.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Beat me to it. That whole Niners team was slobbered on by the media, and this was pre-NFL Network, 24/7/365 sports coverage days.

5. volinbham

volinbham Member

If he's one of the 5 greatest QBs ever then why shouldn't they? They do the same for which ever other 4 you'd throw in the list.

That's what I'm getting at - he is among the best ever by anyone's standard yet those who think he's getting too much praise resort to trashing him. It's absurd.

Perfect example was 2 years ago when the Broncos lost to Baltimore at home. I heard countless haters go off on what a choker he was; why he wasn't in the elite category but when Brady had an even worse game the next week (at home) against the same Ravens those people didn't say anything bad about Brady. Hell, Manning had a better game than Brady did yet only one gets trashed.

6. NorrisAlan

Brady.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't agree he never gets called for it.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that's because brady had already won 3 super bowls. if people were calling brady the GOAT despite winning one super bowl and he was choking left and right he'd get called out for it to.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well that would have been the perfect time. He was right in the faces of all these guys barking at them. Probably should have had a flag thrown and his ass kicked, but I've not heard a word about it.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

brady gets TONS of shit for his wife, his attire, for being a dbag, etc etc that manning never gets.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's been ten years since he's won it all and has some pretty bad postseason performances in there. Funny how he was able to play pretty average for the most part and still win Super Bowls, but then when his team is dismantled he can't win it all despite elevating his play. Weird how Big Ben can't even get to the playoffs anymore despite having some of the most clutch Super Bowl drives ever.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He gets shit for being with a woman generally regarded as one of the most attractive on the planet?

He did get a lot of internet shit for the furry boots thing. I don't recall any talking heads spending time on it. Certainly not 1% as much as Manning gets for a playoff loss.

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Why should that matter? Championships are championships. Unless you're jyst trying to manipulate what matters to fit your view.

Marino, Cunningham, Esiason, McNabb, Fouts, Tarkenton- all sucked.

If championships are your metric, Carmelo, Grant Hill, Dwight Howard, Bernard King, Chris Webber, Artis Gilmore, Vince Carter, Bob Lanier, Steve Nash, Pete Maravich, George Gervin, Dominique Wilkins, Reggie Miller, Allen Iverson, Patrick Ewing, John Stockton, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone and Elgin Baylor all sucked too. And in a 5 man team sport where one person has more influence to boot.

Lee Smith sucked, so did Juan Marichal Barry Bonds, Trevor Hoffman, Don Sutton, Ralph Kiner, Earl Wynn, Gaylord Perry, Ichiro, Don Mattingly, Carlton Fisk, Harmon Killebrew, Rod Carew, Carl Yastrzemski, Tony Gwynn, Ken Griffey Jr and Ty Cobb.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Drops mic...

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'd argue he isn't nearly as good as he was say 5 years ago.

17. NorrisAlan

While I don't agree with Droski's analysis, he has never said Manning sucks. He just isn't his GOAT.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Because some sports are more individually driven than others. why do you think nfl teams will devote 20% of their payroll to one player despite having 22 starters? just stupid I guess?

Once again. Not sucked, but certainly not the GOAT.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

beat me to it.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Maybe not, but he wasn't winning anything back then, either.