Peyton Gets the TD Record

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Oct 19, 2014.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The Patriots went 11-5 the year Brady tore his ACL in week one. The Colts went 2-14 the year they didn't have Peyton.

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I don't remember those KC teams having any problem making the playoffs without him.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

And should have went 0-16.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Clearly they were tanking on purpose to get Luck. </sarcasm>

5. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

It's because Brady made his teammates better from the sidelines #goat

6. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I'm interested in this hypothetical droski world where Brady gets relentless criticism and no one calls Peyton a choker.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Holy shit. This means Peyton is going to suck nutts when he comes here to be our head coach in a few years?

Say it ain't so!

8. NorrisAlan

Same confirmation bias that leads me to believe Peyton can do no wrong. I am sure the truth is more in the middle (well, within arms reach of my position, actually).

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'd argue that them immediately going back to decent the season after suggests that that 2-14 season was more of a perfect storm of injuries and the team bailing on the coach, than the colts talent sucking.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

No it's called some criticism versus almost none.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

He has definite shortcomings, but what player doesn't?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Until this season, I felt like Brady was the media golden child and it was Manning who was constantly being scrutinized. That script has flipped this season, though.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The GOAT?

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Once he married giselle and went playboy and started losing in big games the ass kissing has dropped considerably. For manning, it's higher than ever.

15. NorrisAlan

Is it because of his play level has not dropped off unlike Brady? In fact, you can argue he is playing his best football at 38.

EDIT: Oh, and Manning got roasted by Deon and Bradshaw and many others after last year's Super Bowl.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

This season, but 2 years ago and the first half of last year, it was all questions about Manning's ability to play.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

true, but they weren't attacking him personally like brady gets. and btw, I think much of the brady stuff is deserved. he DOES seem like a dbag.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

You could argue it, but I would think that is incorrect. His stats are great, but he has the best team around him he's ever had these last two years. The Thomases are top notch, and would make a mediocre QB look good. Meanwhile, Brady has the opposite situation. His last couple of teams have been the worst in his career. Much like Brady's rings have a lot to do with the teams he was on, so does the apparent separation in play between them now.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

That, and he is also in a market where people are more prone to get personal. Bostonians are a little testier than Indianans or Coloradans. Hell, Coloradans are almost to southern levels of nice, but more sincere.

20. NorrisAlan

As a Dolphins fan, I can give you a clear and unbiased thought on Brady.

He sucks.

Take that to the bank.