Pitt Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by yont sum iss?, Sep 1, 2022.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Saying that dude had a strategy at all is giving him too much credit

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee 45
    Pitt 31

zehr27 and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

This game feels so similar to Kentucky and Purdue for me. On paper, we should win, possibly by double-digits. But I haven’t seen us actually step up and make the stops we need to keep things from going down to the wire in a shootout.

Will say a lot about whether we’ve really taken a step forward or not.

yont sum iss? and InVolNerable like this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't see how a team can struggle so much against Ball State and then expect to beat Pitt.

Pitt 42
    Vols 2

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Gotta like the progress of the defense producing a safety though. You can build on that.

6. CardinalVol

I expect a downed punt deep in their territory and then a snap over the QB head through back of endzone. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

NorrisAlan and Memtownvol like this.
  7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I’m not gonna panic.

Remember, Nick Saban lost to Lousiana-Monroe.

8. CardinalVol

In reality I think we win in the 10-20 point range, depending on how the front 4 plays.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We give up 2 pick 6s like we almost threw last week which is the difference. 31-34

10. Tar Volon

My head is saying 41-31 Vols but my gut is saying 45-41 Pitt. Gonna tell us a lot.

11. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

TN 33

Pitt 20

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe I am just drinking the kool aid, but I am surprised so many see it tight or in Pitt's favor.

TDVol1989 and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Vols by a TD. But there is no evidence at this point that this is a different team than the one that lost to Purdue

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

37-30 is my prediction

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Idk, I just know we’re still flawed and I’m not ready to trust them yet. That said I feel a lot better about it than I did last year

VOLinDAWGland and Tar Volon like this.
  16. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I think we win by 10. Let's see if the D looks better after the warm up game. (not that I thought they looked bad, want to see if they elevate their game.)

17. Tar Volon

We’ve shown we can blow the doors off lower tier SEC opponents but we don’t have a lot of finished product against top 40 opposition. Gonna have four chances to show it this year (splitting out the two against top two opposition because that’s a whole different kind of prove it).

18. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I’ve gotta miss the game so will have to check the box score (total Indy move I know). Better be opening my phone to good news.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

It’d be cool to skip that timeless Tennessee tradition of ruining the entire goddam season before the end of September.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They turned Ball State over three times, the Tennessee team that played Purdue couldn't defend the forward pass